Northwest High School (McDermott, Ohio)
|Northwest High School|
914 Mohawk DriveMcDermott, Ohio
|Type||public, rural, high school|
|School district||Northwest Local School District|
Rick Scarberry, PrincipalDave Frantz, Athletic Director
|Head of school||Ed Crabtree, Superintendent|
|Color(s)||Red and blue |
|Athletics||baseball, boys' and girls' basketball, boys' and girls' cross country, football, boys' and girls' golf, boys' soccer, fast pitch softball, boys' and girls' swimming, boys' and girls' track, and volleyball|
|Athletics conference||Southern Ohio Conference|
Northwest High School (NHS) is a public high school in McDermott, Ohio in Scioto County in Southern Ohio. It is the only high school in the Northwest Local School District. Their nickname is the Mohawks and their school colors are red and blue.
There are ten school districts and eleven high schools in Scioto County along with one parochial school as well several private and community schools. The school's athletic affiliation is with the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) and the Southern Ohio Conference (SOC), which has sixteen member schools and is divided into two divisions (SOC I & SOC II) based on the schools' enrollment. The SOC includes teams from four different Ohio counties - Jackson County (Oak Hill High School), Lawrence County (Symmes Valley High School), Pike County (Waverly High School, Eastern High School, and Western High School), and Scioto County (Clay High School, Green High School, Glenwood High School, Sciotoville Community School, Valley High School, Northwest High School, Minford High School, Portsmouth West High School, Notre Dame High School, South Webster High School, and Wheelersburg High School).
- Ted Strickland - Former governor of Ohio and U.S. Representative, Class of 1959
- Ellen Pasturzak - Former Miss Portsmouth, 1995 Miss Ohio and Miss America contestant, Class of 1991
- Jake Porter, featured student athlete on [[CMT]]'s "Unsung Heroes"] 
- Steve Free Five time ASCAP Award Winner for songwriting, ASCAP Award for performances on National Public Radio 1998, Academy of Independent Recording Artist singer/songwriter of the year 1996, and Airplay International Lifetime Achievement Award, 1999, 2000
The 2008 Governor's Award recipient as Ohio's #1 Artist, Class of 1968
- Ed Cable (Northwest) - Recipient of the Ohio Sportsmanship, Ethics, & Integrity Softball Coaches' Award (2002)
- Dave Frantz - Former Head Football Coach and present Athletic Director and Track Coach, recipient of the Ohio Sportsmanship, Ethics, and Integrity Award for Track and Field Coaches.
- Dennis Hagerty - Former baseball coach, 2005 Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Hall of Fame Inductee
- OHSAA. "OHSAA Member School Info". Retrieved 2007-06-22.
- Ohio Department of Development. "Ohio County Profiles: Scioto County" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- Southern Ohio Conference (January 2007). "Southern Ohio Conference Constitution and By-laws".
- OHSAA. "OHSAA 30th Annual State Fast Pitch Softball Tournament Program". p. 39.