Northwest Independent School District
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Northwest Independent School District (Northwest ISD) is a rapidly growing North Texas public school district with its headquarters in the city of Fort Worth, Texas (USA). with a Justin postal address. The school district is named for its location in the northwestern area of the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. The school district lies in three North Texas counties: Denton County, Tarrant County and Wise County.
The district serves the cities of Justin, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Northlake, Marshall Creek, Corral City, and small portions of Flower Mound and Southlake in Denton County. The Wise County towns of Aurora, Rhome, Pecan Acres, Newark, and portions of New Fairview also lie within the district. The Tarrant County portion of the district includes Haslet, Avondale, parts of Westlake, Keller, and Fort Worth. In all, the district is approximately 234 square miles.
As of September 2014, Northwest ISD educates over 19,000 students in its twenty-seven educational campuses.[when?] Northwest ISD is expected to have up to 95,000 students by the early 2020s, and is the second fastest-growing school district in Texas. There are 56 active housing communities within the attendance boundaries of Northwest ISD.
- Grades 9-12
- Grades 6-8
- Grades K-5
- Carl E. Schulter Elementary School (Haslet)
- Clara Love Elementary School (Justin)
- Haslet Elementary School (Haslet)
- J. Lyndal Hughes Elementary School (Roanoke)
- J.C. Thompson Elementary School (Fort Worth)
- Justin Elementary School (Justin)
- Kay Granger Elementary School (Fort Worth)
- Lakeview Elementary School (Trophy Club)
- O.A. Peterson Elementary School (Fort Worth)
- Prairie View Elementary School (Rhome)
- Roanoke Elementary School (Roanoke)
- Samuel Beck Elementary School (Trophy Club)
- Sendera Ranch Elementary School (Fort Worth)
- Seven Hills Elementary School (Newark)
- Sonny & Allegra Nance Elementary School (Fort Worth)
- W.R. Hatfield Elementary School (Fort Worth)(Justin mailing address)
- Wayne A. Cox Elementary School (Roanoke)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Fort Worth city, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 13, 2016. Index map, Map page 3 showing detail around Northwest ISD's headquarters
- Home. Northwest Independent School District. Retrieved on December 13, 2016. "2001 Texan Drive, Justin Fort Worth, Texas 76247"
- "About NISD". Northwest ISD.
- "2014 Accountability Summary for Northwest ISD" (PDF). Texas Education Agency.
- "High Schools". Northwest ISD.
- "Middle Schools". Northwest ISD.
- "Elementary Schools". Northwest ISD.