Northwest Township, Orange County, Indiana
Location in Orange County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||30.41 sq mi (78.8 km2)|
|• Land||30.3 sq mi (78 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.36%|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Density||12.4/sq mi (4.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||452424|
Northwest Township was named from its position in the northwestern corner of Orange County.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.41 square miles (78.8 km2), of which 30.3 square miles (78 km2) (or 99.64%) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (or 0.36%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Faucett, Freeman and Miller.
- Springs Valley Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State Senate District 48
- "Northwest Township, Orange County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Lawrence, Orange, and Washington Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Higginson Book Company. 1884. p. 387.