Northwestern Band of the Shoshone Nation
|(431 enrolled members)|
|Regions with significant populations|
|United States( Utah)|
|Shoshoni language, English|
|Native American Church, Mormonism,|
|Related ethnic groups|
|other Western Shoshone peoples, Ute people|
The Northwestern Band of the Shoshone Nation is a federally recognized tribe of Shoshone people, located in Box Elder County, Utah. They are also known as the Northwestern Band of Shoshoni Indians.
The tribe's headquarters is in Brigham City, Utah, but they also have a tribal office in Pocatello, Idaho. The tribe is governed by a democratically elected, seven-member tribal council. The current administration is as follows:
- Chairman: Shane Warner
- Vice-Chairman: Darren Parry
- Secretary: Dennis Alex
- Treasurer: Byron Timbimboo
- Council Member: Cale Worley
- Council Member: Jeffrey Parry
- Council Member: Jason S. Walker.
The Northwestern Band of Shoshone ratified their constitution on August in 1987.
- "Northwestern Band of Shoshone Tribal Profile." Utah Division of Indian Affairs. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Shoshoni." Ethnologue. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Pritzker 242
- Pritzker 239
- "Shoshone tribe breaks ground on geothermal plant." News from Indian Country. October 2008. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Tribal Council." Northwestern Band of the Shoshone Nation. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Pritzker, Barry M. A Native American Encyclopedia: History, Culture, and Peoples. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0-19-513877-1.
- Northwestern Band of the Shoshone Nation, official website