Northwestern College (Illinois)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Northwestern College (NC), formerly Northwestern Business College, is a for-profit college institution of higher education offering associate in applied science degree programs and certificate programs. It has no affiliation with Northwestern University.
The College consists of four academic schools:
- the School of Commerce & Technology offers associate degrees and certificates
- the School of Legal Studies offers associate degrees and certificates
- the School of Health Sciences offers associate degrees and certificates
- the School of Nursing offers an associate degree
NC offers associate degrees in the following programs:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Executive Accounting
- Health Information Technology
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Radiologic Technology
NC offers certificates in the following programs:
- Coding Specialist
- Massage Therapy
Services to students
Northwestern College has resources available to support students from enrollment to graduation and even beyond. Among them are:
- academic advising
- financial assistance
- financial planning
- peer and professional tutors
- counseling services
- services for students with disabilities
- clubs, organizations, and honors societies
- new student orientation
- lifetime employment assistance
- library/resource center
- college bookstore
- Northwestern College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Northwestern College is approved by the United States Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service as an institution of higher education for training international students.
- Associate Degree Programs, Northwestern College. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- Certificate Programs, Northwestern College. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "Northwestern College". The Higher Learning Commission. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Study in the States". U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Retrieved 7 February 2014.