Northwestern Oklahoma State Rangers
|Northwestern Oklahoma State Rangers|
|University||Northwestern Oklahoma State University|
|Conference||Great American Conference|
|Athletic director||Andy Carter|
|Football stadium||Ranger Field|
|Basketball arena||Percefull Fieldhouse|
|Baseball stadium||Myers Stadium|
|Soccer stadium||Alva Recreational Complex|
|Colors||Black and Red
The Northwestern Oklahoma State Rangers (also NWOSU Rangers) are the athletic teams that represent Northwestern Oklahoma State University, located in Alva, Oklahoma, in NCAA Division II intercollegiate sports. The Rangers compete as members of the Great American Conference for all 11 varsity sports.
On May 11, 2011, Northwestern announced that they had accepted an invitation to the Great American Conference for all sports in the 2012–2013 academic year and would begin their transition from NAIA to NCAA Division II. On July 12, 2011 Northwestern Oklahoma State University was denied admittance into the NCAA Division II Membership Process for the 2011–12 cycle; the school was accepted into the membership process one year later. Schools must complete a membership process, spanning 3 years, before gaining active status and becoming eligible for championship competition. On July 17, 2015 the NCAA announced that effective September 1, 2015, the school will be active Division II members.
List of teams
- Patrick Crayton – National Football League player (Dallas Cowboys) (San Diego Chargers)
- Mike Hargrove – Major League Baseball player/manager
- Bryan Henderson – Arena Football League player
- Ron Moore – National Football League player (Atlanta Falcons)
- Chip Myers – National Football League player (Cincinnati Bengals)
- Gaylon Nickerson – National Basketball Association player
- Gary Porter – Arena Football League player Texas Terror
- Lynn Scott – National Football League player (Dallas Cowboys)
- Brian Sochia – National Football League player (Miami and Denver)
- Korey Williams – Canadian Football League player (Saskatchewan Roughriders)
- Northwestern Rangers Official Style Guide (PDF). July 28, 2015. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- "About the Great American Conference". the Great American Conference. Archived from the original on February 11, 2015. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- Stark, Rachel (July 17, 2015). "Seven Schools to join Division II". NCAA. Archived from the original on August 1, 2015. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Plummer, William; Floyd, Larry C. (2013). A Series Of Their Own: History Of The Women's College World Series. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States: Turnkey Communications Inc. ISBN 978-0-9893007-0-4.
- "Korey Williams". cfl.ca. Archived from the original on May 2, 2015. Retrieved July 31, 2015.