Northwestern Polytechnic University
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Coordinates:  Northwestern Polytechnic University (NPU) is a non-profit private institution of higher education located in Fremont, California, United States. The school, founded in 1984, has awarded bachelor's, master's, and doctor's degrees in science, technology and management.
School of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Science
School of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Information Sciences
- Master of Business Administration
Northwestern Polytechnic University (NPU) was founded by Dr. Ramsey Carter and Dr. Barbara Brown on January 2, 1984 and incorporated as a California nonprofit, public-benefit institution. The School of Engineering began granting Bachelor of Science degrees in electrical engineering in November 1984, followed by the Master of Science in electrical engineering in 1985. NPU opened the Computer Systems Engineering programs at both the bachelor's and master's levels in 1987. On February 23, 1989 NPU attained full institutional approval from the California Department of Education.The School of Business was established in 1995. Dr. George Hsieh, serving as NPU's President since 1991, retired as of September 1, 2015.
An article by Buzzfeed questioned the operations of the university during the period in its history of its high (more than 6,000 in 2015) proportion of international students from India. 
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Northwestern Polytechnic University
- Retirement of Dr. George Hsieh
- U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs
- Center for Immigration Studies Huge Tax Subsidies for Employers Hiring Ex-Foreign Students from Marginal Schools
- Molly Hensley-Clancy (May 26, 2016). "Inside The College That Abolished The F and Raked In The Cash". Buzzfeed. Retrieved October 17, 2016.