Northwoods Mall (Illinois)
|Address||2200 W. War Memorial Dr. (formerly 4501 N. War Memorial Dr.)|
|Developer||Melvin Simon & Associates|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||90|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||694,000 square feet|
|No. of floors||2|
Northwoods Mall is an enclosed shopping mall in Peoria, Illinois. It is situated at the corner of Scenic Drive and West War Memorial Drive. It opened in 1973 and features Macy's (which will be closed this spring), Sears, and J.C. Penney.
Northwoods Mall opened in 1973 and was designed by architects Sidney H. Morris & Associates of Chicago. The cost of construction was $25 million. One of the mall's original anchors, Carson Pirie Scott, closed in 1984 and was replaced by Famous-Barr. It converted to Macy's in 2006. Montgomery Ward closed its store in the mall in 1997, and Sears occupied its space a year later. A 2005 renovation added a food court. Macy's announced that it would be closing the Northwoods Mall location in April 2016.
- "Norwoods Mall : Home PAge" (PDF). Simon.com. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- Northwoods Mall. OutletStoresMalls.com. Retrieved: 15. February 2015
- "Retailing". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 1984-10-31. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "Merger brings Macy's to Peoria, Ill.". Highbeam.com. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "Pantagraph.com | Archive". Nl.newsbank.com. 1997-09-05. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "Pantagraph.com | Archive". Nl.newsbank.com. 1997-09-12. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- "DailyDigest". Highbeam.com. Retrieved 2013-10-06.