|Headquarters||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
Norton Furniture is widely known for its unorthodox B-Rate commercials, as they have circulated across the Internet on many viral video sites. The commercials are known for their wacky characters and low production value, as well as the spokesperson for Norton Furniture, Brown sports a gray ponytail and glasses, and has an unmistakable quiet, raspy voice, due to physical damage to his throat when he was a child. The tagline of the commercials is "If you can't get credit in my store, you can't get credit anywhere. My name is Marc, and you can count on it!"
Common elements include local actors as well as mannequins (stocked by the store) to which he often delivers his spiel, and a comedic skit structure.
The commercials have been featured on MTV's viral video show and several late-night television programs, and were among the local TV programs which were awarded "Best of All Time" (2007) in the Cleveland Free Times.
- "Midnight Hustler", Cleveland Scene, January 19, 2005.
- "Norton Furniture is Baaack", video on website of Spike network.
- "Cover Story: Best of All Time: Local TV". Free Times. 15 (22). October 3, 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-10-12.
- "Tell LeBron James You Want Him". Cleveland.com. May 14, 2010.
- Please Stay LeBron! Cleveland Celebrities Sing for The King (Flash video). WOIO TV News. Jun 29, 2010. Event occurs at 00:42. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- Feuer, Alan (June 6, 2010). "Luring a Star: Big City Beckons; Cleveland Begs". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- Kulp, Patrick. "Taco Bell reveals its fascinatingly cheesy new 'quesalupa' creation". Mashable. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- "Late night just right for Norton pitchman", The Plain Dealer, July 4, 2006.
- http://www.myspace.com/nortonsfurniture, which includes examples of the commercials.