|Owner:||Norwegian Cruise Line|
|Builder:||Meyer Werft, Papenburg, Germany|
|Class and type:||Breakaway Plus-class cruise ship|
|Length:||333.5 m (1,094 ft)|
|Beam:||41.45 m (136.0 ft)|
|Draught:||9.00 m (29.53 ft)|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (42 km/h) (cruising)|
|Capacity:||3,998 lower beds|
Norwegian Encore is a cruise ship under construction for Norwegian Cruise Line, due to enter service in 2019. She is being built by Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany. The ship is scheduled to debut in Miami in Fall 2019.
Norwegian Encore has an overall length of 333.5 m (1,094 ft), moulded beam 41.50 m (136.2 ft) and maximum draft 9.00 m (29.53 ft). The ship has gross tonnage of 169,145 GT and deadweight of 11,700 DWT. Norwegian Encore has 20 decks, 2,038 staterooms and capacity for 3,998 passengers at double occupancy.
It was originally announced in February 2017 the ship would be designed for China much like her sister ship Norwegian Joy. However, it was further announced that the ship will instead sail out of Miami, Florida and will be designed much like her other sister ship Norwegian Bliss.
Norwegian Encore has five main engines with total output power of 102,900 hp. The vessel has two MAN B&W 14V48/60CR, each with power of 22,520 hp and three MAN B&W 12V48/60CR, each with power of 19,300 hp. The propulsion system is two ABB Azipod XO units with total power of 40 MW, which allows service speed of 22.5 kts, while the maximum speed during trials exceeds 25.0 kts. The engines are equipped with scrubbers and a heat recovery systems for improved energy efficiency.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Norwegian Encore (ship, 2019).|
- "NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE ORDERS TWO NEW SHIPS". 14 July 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "Keel laying ceremony for the Norwegian Encore". meyerwerft.de. Meyer Werft. 28 November 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Steel cutting for Norwegian Bliss". 28 October 2016. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- MEYER WERFT, GmbH. "Press Release | Steel cutting for Norwegian ENCORE". www.meyerwerft.de. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Cruise ship". ncl.com. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- "Norwegian to Design 2019 Newbuild for China - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News". cruiseindustrynews.com. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "Norwegian Encore Will Debut in 2019 in Miami, not China - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News". cruiseindustrynews.com. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "Steel cutting for Norwegian Bliss" (Press release). Meyer Werft. 28 October 2016. Retrieved 25 April 2017.