|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Labels||Dark Fortune, Cleopatra Records, Hades, Pandaemonium, Possession & Gravitator|
|Associated acts||The Damned|
|Past members||Vlad Janicek
Nosferatu was formed in March 1988 by Damien DeVille, Vlad Janicek, and Sapphire Aurora. Janicek played bass guitar/keys until November 1994, and designed the first Nosferatu Logo and stage sets. Aurora provided vocals until April 1990, after which Gary Ash (Gary Clarke) sang briefly with the band until October of that year. In 1991 vocals were provided by Louis DeWray, who remained until April 1993. Chris Clark joined the band briefly in 1994 on drums. Niall Murphy then sang with the band until November 1994, and Dominic LaVey provided vocals from March 1995 to February 2002.
Louis DeWray returned as a vocalist in 2003, having performed in the meantime with Fashionable Living Death and his own band Ditzy Micro. He also played guitar, bass, keyboard and percussion in the band at various times until December 2014. He also contributed the majority songwriting and instrumentation of the 2011 Wonderland album, which was developed over a seven-year period.
The band has performed over 300 concerts in 14 countries since 1988, including the Wave Gothic Treffen Festival in Leipzig, Germany in 2015, 2011, 2009, 2006, 1999 & 1994; the NCN Festival in Deutzen, Germany in 2012; the Mera Luna Festival in Hildesheim, Germany in 2007 & 2002; the Castle Party Festival in Poland in 2011; the DV8 Festival in York in 2011 & 2010, England; the Judgement Day Festival Dornbirn in 2006, Austria; the Existence Festival in Valencia, Spain in 2006; the Vampiricon Festival in Duisburg, Germany in 2003; Sacrosanct Festival London in 1995 and Reading in 2014; the Waregem Gothic Festival in Waregem, Belgium in 2010 and the Lumous Festival in Tampere, Finland in 2011.
Damien DeVille is the only original member still with the band.
Nosferatu's albums, singles and DVD have sold over 100,000 copies worldwide. During recording sessions the band sometimes included guest musicians: Rat Scabies of The Damned played drums on Lord of the Flies, ReVamped, The Best of Nosferatu Volume 1: The Hades Years, and "Visionary Vampyres" DVD Ltd Edition Boxed Set. Joby Talbot;s saxophone can be heard on The Prophecy album. Simon Doc Octopus Milton played bass guitar on The Lord Of The Flies album.
Louis DeWray also participated in the band's studio work. He recorded, mixed and mastered the 2011 album Wonderland at his Earth Terminal studio in Hampshire, UK.
Nosferatu received both national and independent chart success in the UK and Germany. The band independently released 11 albums (including a studio album 'Wonderland' in 2011), 8 singles, 1 DVD and various songs featured on 54 compilation albums.
- Rise (1993) CD, vinyl and cassette
- The Prophecy (1994) CD, double vinyl and Ltd. cassette
- Prince of Darkness (1996) CD only
- Lord of the Flies (1998) CD only
- Wonderland (2011) CD only
- Face The Master (Bootleg) Cassette
- Reflections Through A Darker Glass (March 2000) CD
- Legend (Jan 94) CD & Cassette
- ReVamped (July 99) CD
- The Best Of Nosferatu: Volume 1: The Hades Years (Dec 2001) CD
- Vampyres, Witches, Devils & Ghouls: The Very Best Of Nosferatu (Feb 2006) CD
- Anthology (2 Disc Album) (May 2006) CD
- The Hellhound (Sept 91) 12" and cassette single
- Vampyres Cry (March 92) 12" and cassette single
- Diva (Sept 92) 12" and cassette single
- Inside the Devil (April 93) 12" and CD single
- Savage Kiss (Nov 93) 12" and CD single
- The Haunting (Sept 95) 12" and CD single
- Somebody Put Something In My Drink (June 2005) CD single
- Black Hole (April 2010) CD single
- Visionary Vampyres DVD (June 2005) DVD & 3 Albums; Ltd Edition Boxed Set
- Bloodlust (Jan 1989) Cassette
- Symphony of Shadows (Jan 1990) Cassette
- The Deathmaster Remixes (Sept 91) Ltd Edition Cassette
- The Gathering (Oct 92) Ltd Edition cassette
- Ira A. Robbins; David Sprague (1997). The Trouser Press Guide to '90s Rock: The All-new Fifth Edition of The Trouser Press Record Guide. Simon & Schuster. p. 521. ISBN 978-0-684-81437-7.
- "The Principles of Goth Orchestration – An Interview with Nosferatu". The Terrorizer. By Miranda Yardley on 12 July 2011
- "Louis DeWray - We're in the calm before the storm". Revista the 13th Magazine. in Spanish.
- "NOSFERATU NOSFERATU - Gothrock needs a kick up the arse!". Peek-a-Boo Magazine, 16/06/2012, Chris KONINGS
- "Album Review". Alex Henderson, Rovi, published on 103.5 QMFM