This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Labels||Possession, Cleopatra, Hades, Dark Fortune|
Nosferatu were formed in March 1988 by guitarist Damien DeVille, bassist Vlad Janicek, and vocalist Sapphire Aurora. In 1990, they debuted with the track "Bloodlust" on a compilation album. Ex Grenadier Guard Gary Clarke (The Cureheads) Took over from Sapphire & fronted the band on their first Uk tour, opening for Every New Dead Ghost. Clarke left in late 1990 to start The Cureheads. In 1991, they recorded The Hellhound EP with vocalist Louis DeWray replacing Clarke. In 1992, Dave Roberts of the gothic rock group Sex Gang Children wanted Nosferatu to release a compilation of their singles so far under the Cleopatra Records label, but the band agreed to record new songs towards their debut album Rise in 1993. Afterwards, Niall Murphy replaced DeWray on vocals for their Halloween shows.
In 1994, Nosferatu released a compilation of early recordings called Legend and their second studio album The Prophecy. Afterwards, Murphy was replaced by Dominic LaVey, and Janicek left the band, with Dante Savarelle replacing. The group signed with Hades Records, and released Prince of Darkness in 1996. In 1998, the group released Lord of the Flies with bassist Doc Milton replacing Savarelle, and featured guest drummer Rat Scabies formerly of The Damned.
Bassist Stefan Diablo replaced Milton and the band worked on the album Re Vamped, released in 1999. Re Vamped had remixes and some new tracks. In 2000, they released the live album Reflections Through a Darker Glass. They released another compilation album The Best of Nosferatu, Vol. 1 Louis DeWray officially rejoined the band in 2005, and in 2011, they released the album Wonderland under Dark Fortune Records.
In 2015, vocalist Louis DeWray left the band and Tim Vic replaced him.
- Rise (1993)
- The Prophecy (1994)
- Prince of Darkness (1996)
- Lord of the Flies (1998)
- Wonderland (2011)
- Legend (1994)
- Re Vamped (1999)
- The Best of Nosferatu: Volume 1: The Hades Years
- Reflections Through A Darker Glass (2000)
- "The Hellhound" (1991)
- "Vampyres Cry" (1992)
- "Diva" (1992)
- "Inside The Devil" (1993)
- "Savage Kiss" (1993)
- Damien DeVille (1988–present) – guitar
- Belle Star (2007–present) – drums
- Tim Vic (2015–present) – vocals
- Thom (2016–present) – bass guitar
- Sapphire Aurora (1988–1990) – vocals
- Vlad Janicek (1988–1994) – bass guitar, keyboard
- Gary Clarke (Jan 1990-Dec 1990)
- Louis DeWray (1991–1993, 2005–2015) – vocals
- Niall Murphy (1993–1994) – vocals
- Dante Savarelle (1994–1998) – bass guitar
- Dominic LaVey (1995–2002) – vocals
- Doc Milton (1998–2011) – bass guitar
- Stefan Diablo (2011–2016) – bass guitar
In 2019, Vlad Janicek and Louis DeWray formed The Nosferatu. In an interview with Absolution, Janicek said it was after The Prophecy tour when DeVille "left the band" and "What followed was 1-2 years of legal stupidity during which Damien decided to form a completely new band and call it Nosferatu. After taking very expensive legal counseling l was told that l could not stop him as technically we both owned the name 50/50 and could both use it." They brought in Chris Clark who had also played briefly with Nosferatu.
The Nosferatu played their first show at The Underworld in Camden, London in November 2019 and their first overseas show in February 2020 at Temple Rock Club in Athens, Greece. The band is currently writing and recording songs for their debut album.
- "NOSFERATU Gothic Rock Band Line Up 2020". Nosferatu official website. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Konings, Chris (16 June 2012). "Nosferatu: Gothrock needs a kick up the arse!". Peek-a-Boo Music Magazine. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Huey, Steve. "Nosferatu | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Robbins, Ira A.; Sprague, David (1997). The Trouser Press Guide to '90s Rock: The All-new Fifth Edition of The Trouser Press Record Guide. Simon & Schuster. p. 521. ISBN 978-0-684-81437-7.
- Yardley, Miranda (12 July 2011). "The Principles of Goth Orchestration – An Interview with Nosferatu". Terrorizer.
- Louis DeWray (8 February 2015). "Louis DeWray - We're in the calm before the storm". Revista the 13th: Una Revista Imaginaria (Interview). Vol. 2, no. 14. Interviewed by Diego Centurion, translator Marcelo Simonetti. Retrieved 8 April 2020 – via Issuu.
|interviewer=has generic name (help)
- Jason, D. J. (18 March 2019). "Interview with Nosferatu by Luna Pallida". Absolution.
- "Belle Star the drummer of UK Gothic Rock Band Nosferatu". Nosferatu official website. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Thoms Bass Guitarist of UK Gothic Rock Band Nosferatu". Nosferatu official website. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Jason, D. J. (22 May 2019). "Interview with the vampire Vlad from The Nosferatu by Tzina Dovve". Absolution.
- Jason, D. J. (2 December 2019). "THE NOSFERATU: London's Goth Extravaganza by Tzina Dovve".
- Χονδρογιάννης, Σπύρος (25 February 2020). "The Nosferatu, Opened Paradise (22/2/2020) Temple Athens".
- "New Songs In Progress". The Nosferatu official website. 18 August 2020. Retrieved 13 October 2020.