List of club DJs
This is a list of notable club DJs, professionals who perform, or are known to perform, at large nightclub venues or other dance events, or who have been pioneers in the development of the role of the club DJ. DJs play a mix of recorded music for an audience at a bar, nightclub, dance club or rave who dance to the music. The music is played through a sound reinforcement system.
DJs who use their real names are listed alphabetically by last name; DJs who use stage names are listed alphabetically by their first name.
- 3 Are Legend
- 3LAU (real name Justin Blau), American progressive house and electro house DJ and producer.
- Adam Beyer Famous Swedish techno DJ and producer and boss of the influential Drumcode Records label.
- Adventure Club
- Aero Chord
- Afrojack (real name Nick van de Wall), Dutch House DJ/Producer
- Alan Walker
- Alexander Perls
- Alice Deejay
- All Hail the Silence
- Allessandro Benassi
- Alok (DJ)
- Alvaro (DJ)
- André Marques Brazilian DJ, TV presenter and Actor.
- Angger Dimas Indonesian electronic musician, DJ/Producer, called the #1 DJ of Indonesia by thedjlist.com
- Armin van Buuren (born 1976), Dutch trance DJ/producer. The only DJ who has been named number one DJ in the world 5 times on DJ Magazine's Top 100 DJ poll
- Armand van Helden
- ATB (real name André Tanneberger, born 1973), German Trance & Light Trance DJ/Producer
- Audien(real name Nate Rathbun, born 1992) American Trance & House DJ/producer known for Pompeii remix
- Avicii (real name Tim Bergling, 1989–2018), Swedish house DJ/producer best known for "Levels"
- Axwell (real name Axel Hedfors, born 1977), Swedish house DJ/producer best known as a member of the Swedish House Mafia
- Axwell & Ingrosso
- Andrew Rayel (born 1992), Moldovan Trance DJ/Producer
- Ansolo American DJ/producer and actor who portrayed Augustus Waters in The Fault In Our Stars
- Aubrey (producer)
- Bass Bumpers (also known as CJ Stone, and Bad Habit Boys), German Trance and techno DJ group
- Benassi Bros.
- Benny Benassi
- Randy Bettis
- Bingo Players
- Blasterjaxx, (Thom Jongkind and Idir Makhlaf), Dutch Electro House and Big Room House
- The Bloody Beetroots
- Bob Sinclar (born Christophe Le Friant; 10 May 1969), French record producer, house music DJ, remixer, he is a two time DJ Awards winner and also the owner of the label Yellow Productions.
- Boom Jinx (real name Øistein Johan Eide), composer, producer and DJ from Norway
- Mark Brain
- Bro Safari
- Calvin Harris (real name Adam Wiles, born 1984), Scottish DJ/producer
- Carnage (real name Diamanté Anthony Blackmon, born January 3, 1991), Guatemalan-American DJ and record producer
- The Chainsmokers
- Chris Liebing, German DJ known for playing a decisive role in shaping the hardcore techno genre Schranz.
- Chuckie (real name Clyde Sergio Narain), Dutch House DJ/Producer
- Cosmic Gate, German Progressive Trance, electronic DJ/Producer
- Cash Cash
- The Chemical Brothers, duo DJs from UK.
- Carl Cox (born 1962), genres include house, tech house, techno, minimal techno winner of DJ Magazine's Worlds No. 1 DJ Award in 1996 and 1997 he is also an 11 time DJ Awards winner.
- The Crystal Method, duo DJs from America, known for their "Vegas" CD
- Chris Leão (Real name Christian Leão), electronic music producer and Brazilian DJ.
- DJ Asumadu
- DJ D-Sol (D-Sol)
- Danny Dyer alias Pwoper Nawty (born 1977), DJ and MC
- Danny Rampling, widely credited as one of the original founders of the UK's rave/club scene. He was the first No 1 DJ in the world voted by the staff of DJ Magazine in 1991 in 1997 the top 100 poll became a public vote.
- Danny Tenaglia "Daniel" (born March 7, 1961), New York-based DJ and Grammy nominated record producer he is also a 3 time IDMA winner and 3 time DJ Awards winner
- Darude (real name Ville Virtanen, born 1975), originally from Finland.
- David Grutman
- David Guetta, French DJ
- David Mancuso, (born October 20, 1944), DJ/Promoter created the popular "by invitation only" parties in New York City known as "The Loft Parties" many famous private discothèques/clubs of the '70s and '80s were modeled after The Loft, including the Paradise Garage, The Gallery, and The Saint.
- David Morales (born 21 August 1961), internationally acclaimed Grammy-winning American house music DJ and producer.
- David Vendetta
- Deadmau5 (real name Joel Thomas Zimmerman, born 1981), Canadian House DJ/Producer.
- Dillon Francis
- Diplo, American DJ, record producer, rapper, singer, songwriter and record executive (Also works in collaboration with Skrillex as Jack Ü)
- Dirty South
- Debris (DJ)
- Derrick Carter
- Derrick May (musician)
- Detroit Grand Pubahs
- DJ Casper (real name Willie Perry Jr., born 31 May 1971) (is an American songwriter and DJ.)
- DJ Hell, Internationally acclaimed German DJ and boss of International Deejay Gigolos. His DJ performance has been portrayed in the film 196 BPM.
- DJ Icey
- DJ Snake
- DJ Tenzing
- John Digweed DJ, who travels all over the world and is producer, record label owner and artist
- Doctor P (real name Shaun Brockhurst, born 9 April 1986), English Dubstep DJ.
- Don Diablo (real name Don Pepijn Schipper, born 27 February 1980), Dutch Electronic Dance DJ
- Donald Glover (also known as: Childish Gambino) (Donald McKinley Glover Jr. is an American actor, comedian, singer, writer, producer, director, rapper, songwriter, and DJ. He performs music under the stage name Childish Gambino and as a DJ under the name mcDJ.)
- DJ Dougal (real name Paul Arnold Clarke; born 1975), British hardcore and happy hardcore artist and DJ
- Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
- Daft Punk French Electronic music duo
- Duke Dumont (Adam George Dyment, better known by his stage name Duke Dumont, is a British DJ and music producer born August 27, 1982).
- Duck Sauce, Nu Disco Producer
- Eiffel 65
- Eric Prydz
- Erick Morillo (born 1971) American DJ, music producer and record label owner a six time DJ Awards winner he also helped in the production of the famous dance hit "Move It" by Reel 2 Real.
- Excision (dubstep producer)
- Fatboy Slim (real name Norman Cook, born 1963), British DJ
- Fedde Le Grand, Dutch DJ
- Ferry Corsten Dutch DJ
- Flux Pavilion
- Frankie Bones (real name Frank Mitchell, born 1966), first American DJ who played the early U.K. scene in the late 80s
- Frankie Knuckles (real name Francis Nicholls, 1955–2014), helped to develop and popularize the electronic, disco-influenced dance music style called house music
- Freemasons (band) (real name Russell Small and James Wiltshire)
- Frankie Cutlass (real name Frank Malave, born 1971), American DJ
- Gabriel & Dresden (duo of Josh Gabriel and Dave Dresden, born 2001), their blend of house and progressive trance led to multiple Billboard number 1 hits.
- The Glitch Mob
- Goldie (a.k.a. Clifford Joseph Price) (born 1965), U.K. DJ
- Green Velvet
- GTA (DJs)
- Laurent Garnier (born 1966), French DJ and original Quadrant Park resident DJ.
- Hardwell (real name Robbert van de Corput) Dutch progressive house and electro house DJ and music producer
- Dave Harris
- Headhunterz (real name Willem Rebergen), DJ from the Netherlands
- Sebastian Ingrosso (born 1983), Swedish DJ/producer; former member of the Swedish House Mafia
- Jack Beats
- Jack Ü
- Jack Wins Dj.
- Jax Jones English DJ
- Jay Hardway
- Jeff Mills (born 1963), techno DJ, famous for his fast style of mixing.
- Jeffrey Jey
- Jellybean Benitez (born 1957), Disco & House Music DJ, remixer and music producer
- Jewelz & Sparks
- Joey Dale
- John Digweed (born 1967), British progressive house DJ.
- Jonas Blue (born 1989), British Dance-pop, Electronic dance music, Tropical house is an English DJ, songwriter, record producer and remixer based in London who produces music which blends dance music with pop sensibilities.
- Joris Voorn (born 1997), Dutch house DJ and producer, who plays a mixture of techno, progressive and deep house styles.
- Judge Jules (real name Julius O'Riordan, born 1965), UK house/trance DJs, who has a radio show on BBC Radio 1
- Junior Vasquez (born 1980), NYC House DJ that owned the NYC scene from the late 80s to early 2000s
- DJ Jurgen
- Justice (band), French Electronic music duo
- Justin Prime
- Kaskade (real name Ryan Raddon, born 1972), American DJ and formerly an A&R assistant with Om Records.
- Kato (DJ) (real name Thomas Kato Vittrup), Danish DJ
- Ken Ishii (ケン・イシイ) Japanese techno DJ and producer from Sapporo. He graduated from Hitotsubashi University. He has released work under his own name as well as under the pseudonyms: FLR, Flare, UTU, Yoga, and Rising Sun.
- Kenneth G
- DJ Khaled
- Kill the Noise
- Knife Party
- DJ Kura (real name Ruben de Almeida, born 1987), Portuguese DJ and music producer
- KSHMR American DJ
- Kygo (real name Kyrre Gørvell-Dahll (born 1991)), Norwegian DJ
- Steve Lawler, British house music producer and DJ born in Birmingham, England he is a five time DJ Awards winner. He currently runs the record label VIVa MUSiC. He also founded the now defunct Harlem Records.
- Laidback Luke (real name Lucas Cornelis van Scheppingen, born 1976), Filipino-born Dutch DJ
- Larry Levan (1954–1992), early and prolific re-mixer and the DJ at the 1970s discothèque The Paradise Garage
- Lazy Rich
- Lenny Fontana, American house music DJ from New York City.
- Ian Levine, pioneering producer, label owner and DJ of the Hi-NRG sound during 1980s UK.
- Levi & Suiss DJ duo, formed by Shlomi Levi and Aaron Suissa, from Tel Aviv, Israel. Specializes in EDM music, specifically progressive house, house, and trance. They currently run the Joy Records label.
- Lil Jon, American rapper and Dj.
- Lisa Lashes, British DJ born in Leicester, England.
- Madeon (real name Hugo Pierre Leclercq), French DJ, "Finale" was used as theme song for video game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Major Lazer
- Mako (DJ)
- Marshmello, future bass and trap DJ/producer.
- Martin Garrix (Real name Martijn Garritsen), Dutch DJ/producer.
- Matthew Koma
- Mauro Picotto (born December 25, 1966), Italian electronic music producer and DJ, and previously a member of the Italian Euro house group "R.A.F.".
- Mason (band), Dutch music producer duo
- Mesto,Dutch DJ and Producer
- Michael Gray (DJ)
- Michael K (real name Michal Kopij) (born September 29, 1990), Polish Electro/House DJ
- Michael Woods (DJ)
- Miss Kittin Famous French club DJ, producer, live performer and pioneer of the Electroclash genre.
- MistaJam (real name Pete Dalton), famous DJ who has a show on 1Xtra
- Giovanni Giorgio Moroder (born 1940), influential Italian record producer, songwriter, performer and DJ, who won several Academy Awards, Grammys and other awards, he is frequently credited with pioneering synthesizer disco and electronic dance music
- Monika Kruse Internationally acclaimed German techno and house DJ since the 1990s and label boss of Terminal M.
- Mr. Oizo (real name Quentin Dupieux), French DJ/Electro Producer and film director
- Martin Solveig (French Dj)
- Nicky Romero (real name Nick Rotteveel) Dutch DJ and house music composer/producer
- Nicky Siano former resident DJ at Studio 54 New York and The Gallery Chicago.
- NERVO, Australian DJ and songwriters
- The Partysquad
- DJ Paulette, (real name Paulette Constable born 22 December 1966), original resident DJ @ Flesh, The Haçienda and Radio FG presenter. 
- Paul Oakenfold (born 1963), British record producer and remixer two-time winner of DJ Magazine's World's No. 1 DJ in 1998 and 1999.
- Paul van Dyk (real name Mathias Paul; born 1971), German trance DJ who earned DJMag's top 100 DJ list No. 1 DJ award in 2005 and again in 2006
- The Prodigy, English electronic music group formed by Liam Howlett in 1990.
- Quintino (Dutch EDM Dj)
- Redfoo, American rapper and Dj.
- Roger Sanchez (The DJ of DJs), Grammy Award winner four time DJ Awards recipient and MTV Europe Music Awards nominee.
- R3hab (Real name Fadil El Ghoul) Dutch DJ and record producer of Moroccan and Algerian origin.
- Ricardo Villalobos German DJ known for minimal techno, repeatedly came first in Resident Advisor's Top 100 DJs of the year list.
- Richie Hawtin, Detroit Techno Pioneer, Leading Exponent of Minimal Techno since the mid 90's, Founder of Minus Records arguably the largest and most well-known Techno Label
- Robert Miles (real name Roberto Concina, 1969-2017), Italian DJ, composer, and producer most famous for the seminal trance track "Children"
- Ron Hardy
- Ross Mitchell South African DJ Producer based in London, UK. Noted for mixing Techno, House and Drum & Bass.
- Porter Robinson (born 1992), American DJ/producer best known for his collaboration with Mat Zo entitled "Easy"
- Robin Schulz
- Ran-D - (real name Randy Wieland) (born in 18 May 1981 in Zeeland) is a Dutch DJ and music producer. His genres is hardstyle
- Steve Angello (full name Steven Angello Josefsson Fragogiannis, born 1982), Greek-born Swedish DJ/producer; member of the Swedish House Mafia
- Steve Aoki
- Sash!, German DJ production team
- Sasha (born Alexander Paul Coe 1969), Welsh DJ, record producer and Grammy Award nominee. He was voted World No. 1 DJ by DJ Magazine in 2000 he is a 4 time International Dance Music Awards winner and 4 time DJ Awards winner.
- Sander van Doorn (real name Sander Ketelaars), Dutch Trance DJ
- Sandra Collins (American DJ/Producer Electronic Dance Music)
- Sandro Silva (DJ)
- SebastiAn (real name Sebastian Akchoté-Bozovic)
- Showtek (Sjoerd and Wouter Janssen), Electronic dance music, progressive/electro house
- Sidney Samson, DJ best known for his Dutch House
- Skazi, Israeli DJ/producer duo composed of Asher Swissa and Assaf B-Bass, famous for mixing trance with rock music
- Skrillex (real name Sonny John Moore), American electronic dance music producer, DJ, singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. (Also works in collaboration with Diplo as Jack Ü)
- Sky Blu, American rapper and Dj.
- Slushii (real name Julian Scanlan), American electronic dance music producer and DJ.
- Smokin Jo (real name Joanne Joseph), playing style genres include House,techno, deep house the only female to win DJ Magazine's Worlds No 1 DJ award in 1992.
- DJ Snake
- Solomun German house and techno DJ, producer and three-time DJ Awards winner.
- Sophie Francis
- starRo, Grammy nominated Japanese producer / DJ
- Steffi D. (Dutch DJ/Composerm, real name Steffi Diliberto)
- Swedish House Mafia, Swedish supergroup consisting of Axwell, Steve Angello, and Sebastian Ingrosso. (Active)
- Sander Kleinenberg
- Daz Saund, British Indian club DJ and Remixer from London, England. OriginalTrade resident DJ.
- Sven Väth, DJ known as "Papa Sven" in Germany’s techno scene and three time DJ Awards winner. His longest set has been 30 hours.
- Tallulah, legendary London DJ that had a career spanning over 35 years
- Tee Scott (real name Marc Allen Scott), disco DJ at the NYC club Better Days from 1976–1981, then resident at Zanzibar, and remixer of many classics
- The Advent, Techno DJ/Producer
- Tiësto (real name Tijs Michiel Verwest), Dutch trance, electro house, and techno DJ
- Tiga (musician)
- Jean F. Cochois, aka Timewriter
- TJR, (musician), EDM producer, American DJ
- Tommy Trash (real name Thomas Olsen), Australian DJ known for producing house music
- Pete Tong, BBC Radio One DJ as well as Frequent Club Performer
- Tonka (real name Thomas-René Gerlach), German electronic music artist (DJ and Re mixer).
- Tony De Vit pioneering Hard House Hard NRG DJ and resident of the infamous Trade Club London voted as one of the Top 10 DJ's of all time by Mix Magazine UK in 2011.
- Tony Humphries, 35-year veteran of the NYC club scene and a former resident at Zanzibar, the legendary NJ nightclub
- Tony Junior
- Tom Swoon, best known Polish progressive house DJ
- Emmanuel Top (born 1971), French House / Acid DJ and Producer
- DJ Trevi
- Tritonal, American DJ's/producers
- Umek (real name Uroš Umek), Slovenian dance-music composer and DJ
- Ummet Ozcan, Turkish-Dutch DJ and producer
- Vicetone (Ruben den Boer and Victor Pool), Dutch DJ and production duo
- VINAI (real names Andrea and Alessandro Vinai), Italian DJ duo and music producer
- Walshy Fire
- Wildstylez (real name Joram Metekohy), DJ from the Netherlands
- Wolfgang Gartner (DJ) Originally from Texas, US
- WestBam (real name Maximilian Lenz), DJ from Germany
- Will Sparks Australian DJ, best known for playing Melbourne bounce
- Willy William
- Zomboy (real name Joshua Mellody), British DJ and producer
- Zaeden (real name Sahil Sharma), Indian DJ and music producer
- Zedd (real name Anton Zaslavski), Russian-German DJ and musician
- Zeds Dead, Canadian DJ duo and producers
- Styles of house music
- List of deep house music artists
- List of progressive house artists
- List of electronic music record labels
- List of electro house artists
- List of electronic music genres
- List of electronic music festivals
- List of house music artists
- List of tropical house music artists
- IMO Records. "Bob Sinclar Biography" Archived 2012-09-11 at Archive.today, IMO Records, London, Retrieved on 25 January 2012.
- Warren, Emma. "The birth of rave". 12 August 2007. The Observer Newspaper London. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- IMO Records. "Mauro Picotto Biography" Archived 2012-08-04 at Archive.today, IMO Records, Retrieved on March 14, 2011.
- Advisor, Resident. "Flesh 12 Years Younger Reunion". Resident Advisor. Resident Advisor, 29 August 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Murphy, Amanda. "DJ Mag Top 100 flashback: 2000 was Sasha's year". June 2014. DJ Magazine Canada. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Guide, DJ. "Artist:Smokin Jo Biography". 2013. DJ Guide on-line Magazine. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- DAYANI, ALISON (October 15, 2004). "Jo's back on track". Birmingham Evening Mail (England). Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- "Smokin Jo Talks". 2014. The Ransome Note Music Magazine. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Prince, Dan (8 October 2015). "Laurence Malice - DMC World Magazine". DMC World Magazine. DMC World Magazine, 25 October 2015. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Mayer, Nssim. "Tiësto named 'Greatest DJ Of All Time'". 19 January 2011. Digital Spy. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Mixmag Announces Results Of "Greatest DJ Of All Time" Poll – Tiesto won". 19 January 2011. House Planet DJ.com. Retrieved 9 March 2015.