List of people with Down syndrome
This is a list of people with Down syndrome, a condition also known as Down's syndrome or trisomy 21. Down syndrome is a genetic disorder caused by the presence of all or part of a third copy of chromosome 21. It is typically associated with physical growth delays, characteristic facial features, and mild to moderate intellectual disability. The average IQ of a young adult with Down syndrome is 50, equivalent to the mental age of an 8- or 9-year-old child, but this number varies widely. Down syndrome is the most common chromosome abnormality in humans, occurring in about one per 1000 babies born each year.
|Alsabbagh, DannyDanny Alsabbagh||Actor who played Toby in Summer Heights High||Australia|||
|Bachiller, ÁngelaÁngela Bachiller||A city councillor in Valladolid, Spain, representing the People's Party||Spain|||
|Barbanell, EdwardEdward Barbanell||Actor who starred in The Ringer||born August 14, 1977||United States|||
|Barnard, SamSam Barnard||Actor and reality star who appeared on The Suspicions of Mr Whicher and The Undateables||born October 21, 1985||United Kingdom|||
|Beatty, JayJay Beatty||Celtic F.C. fan||born December 23, 2003||United Kingdom|||
|Brewer, JamieJamie Brewer||Actress who appeared in American Horror Story: Murder House and American Horror Story: Coven||born February 5, 1985||United States|||
|Burke, ChrisChris Burke||Actor and folk singer, best known for his role in Life Goes On as character Charles "Corky" Thacher||born August 26, 1965||United States|||
|Divitto, ColletteCollette Divitto||Entrepreneur who started Collettey's Cookies||born Oct. 1990||United States|||
|Duquenne, PascalPascal Duquenne||Actor who won the Best Actor Award at the 1996 Cannes Film Festival for his role in The Eight Day||born August 8, 1970||Belgium|||
|Friedman, Andrea FayAndrea Fay Friedman||Actor who appeared in Life Goes On and the Family Guy episode "Extra Large Medium"||born June 1, 1970||United States|||
|Gaffney, KarenKaren Gaffney||Disability rights campaigner and the first living person with Down syndrome to receive an honorary doctorate degree||born c.1977||United States|||
|de Gaulle, AnneAnne de Gaulle||Youngest child of Charles and Yvonne de Gaulle||January 1, 1928 — February 6, 1948||France|||
|Gerrier, MarinMarin Gerrier||Actor who was nominated for a Genie Award for his role in Café de Flore|||
|Goksøyr, Marte WexelsenMarte Wexelsen Goksøyr||Actress, playwright, writer and disability rights activist||born 1982||Norway|||
|Gordy, SarahSarah Gordy||Actress who has appeared in Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife||born c.1978||United Kingdom|||
|Jensen, SandraSandra Jensen||The first person with Down syndrome to receive a heart-lung transplant||? — May 9, 1997||United States|||
|Jessop, TommyTommy Jessop||Actor who starred in Coming Down the Mountain and with Blue Apple Theatre||born January 19, 1985||United Kingdom|||
|Kingsley, JasonJason Kingsley||Actor who appeared in 55 episodes of Sesame Street||born June 27, 1974||United States|||
|Laz-D||Rapper||born 1982||United States|||
|Moss, JoeyJoey Moss||Edmonton Oilers locker room attendant||born September 25, 1963||Canada|||
|Pineda, PabloPablo Pineda||Actor who starred in the film Yo También and first student with Down syndrome in Europe to obtain a degree||born 1974||Spain|||
|Potter, LaurenLauren Potter||Actress who played Becky Jackson in Glee||born May 10, 1990||United States|||
|Sage, PaulaPaula Sage||BAFTA Scotland award-winning actress who appeared in AfterLife||born c.1980||United Kingdom|||
|Scott, JudithJudith Scott||Outsider sculptor and fiber artist||May 1, 1943 — March 15, 2005||United States|||
|Sepponen, SannaSanna Sepponen||Actress known for her role in Salatut elämät||born 1977||Finland|||
|Stuart, MadelineMadeline Stuart||Model who walked at New York Fashion Week, hailed as the first professional model with Down syndrome||born c.1997/8||Australia|||
|Tim, the "Oldenburg Baby"||An infant who was born after an unsuccessful abortion attempt and subsequently fostered||born July 6, 1997||Germany|||
|Zimmerman, LukeLuke Zimmerman||Actor who starred in The Secret Life of the American Teenager||born c.1980||United States|||
- Patterson, D (Jul 2009). "Molecular genetic analysis of Down syndrome.". Human Genetics. 126 (1): 195–214. PMID 19526251. doi:10.1007/s00439-009-0696-8.
- Weijerman, ME; de Winter, JP (Dec 2010). "Clinical practice. The care of children with Down syndrome.". European journal of pediatrics. 169 (12): 1445–52. PMC . PMID 20632187. doi:10.1007/s00431-010-1253-0.
- Malt, EA; Dahl, RC; Haugsand, TM; Ulvestad, IH; Emilsen, NM; Hansen, B; Cardenas, YE; Skøld, RO; Thorsen, AT; Davidsen, EM (Feb 5, 2013). "Health and disease in adults with Down syndrome.". Tidsskrift for den Norske laegeforening : tidsskrift for praktisk medicin, ny raekke. 133 (3): 290–4. PMID 23381164. doi:10.4045/tidsskr.12.0390.
- Catlin, Roger (6 February 2009). "MTV's Asks: 'How's Your News?'". Hartford Courant (in Spanish). Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Ángela Bachiller es la primera edil con síndrome de Down". ABC. 30 July 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- "Jamie Brewer". IMDb.
- "Life Goes On". TV.com. CBS Interactive.
- Stefaan Sercu (20 November 2002). "Mentaal gehandicapten komen thuis". Het Volk (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 27 September 2007.
- "'Secrets and Lies' takes top honor at Cannes Film Festival". CNN. May 20, 1996.
- "On Screen: Guilt And The Survivor". Eye Weekly. March 13, 1997. Archived from the original on May 22, 2011.
- DSIAM—Down Syndrome in Arts & Media website. Retrieved 02-18-10.
- "Dr. Karen Gaffney: First living person with Down syndrome to receive honorary doctorate". Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Nixon, Richard (1990). In The Arena: A Memoir of Victory, Defeat, and Renewal. New York: Simon and Schuster. p. 229. ISBN 0-671-70096-0.
- Joswig, Rebekka (9 June 2012). "Marte Wexelsen Goksøyr får Stolthetsprisen". Vårt Land. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- James Wallin. "Upstairs Downstairs actress's new-found fame". The Argus.
- Anna Roberts. "Call the Midwife role written especially for Lewes actress Sarah Gordy". The Argus.
- "Disabled woman who fought for transplant dies - SF Gate". Retrieved October 9, 2012.
- Osborn, Michael (2007-08-31). "Haddon Debut Captures Teen Crisis". BBC. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Down's actor tackles Hamlet". This is Cornwall. 2012-05-03. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Wetzler, Cynthia Magriel (August 24, 1997). "Meeting the Challenge of Down Syndrome". The New York Times. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- "Lake Oswego rapper -- Laz D -- truly keeps it real". OregonLive.com.
- Lomon, Chris (2003-02-28). "NHL Alumni RBC All-Star Awards Dinner". NHL Alumni. Archived from the original on 2008-05-29. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- "Yo También on the Internet Movie Database". Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- Hollie McKay. "Actors with Down syndrome in more films, TV; 'Glee' star Lauren Potter says 'we're just like anybody else'". Fox News.
- "Special Olympic Athlete Stars in Movie". Archived from the original on December 22, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Bratislava International Film festival 2004". Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Judith Scott: Finding a Voice". Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "Salkkarit-Sanna kahmi mitaleja suurpujottelussa: Värisuora lähellä". mtv.fi.
- "Down’s Syndrome model Madeline Stuart sparks an emotional reaction with a new bridal shoot". Daily Telegraph. 10 March 2016. Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- "Oldenburg Baby - Youth Defence".