|Comune di Notaresco|
Church of San Clemente in Vomano on Notaresco
|Frazioni||Caporipe, Capracchia, Cordesco, Grasciano, Guardia Vomano, Pianura di Notaresco, Pianura Vomano, Saggio, Torrio, Valle Vignale, Villa Scapoli|
|• Total||37 km2 (14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||267 m (876 ft)|
|• Density||190/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||San Gennaro|
Notaresco (Teramano: Nutaràsche; Notareschino: Nutaròsche) is a town and commune in the Teramo province in the Abruzzo region of eastern central Italy. It has population of just under 7000. The patron saint of Notaresco is San Gennaro.
The sister city of Notaresco is Plonsk in Poland. Adjacent communes include Atri, Castellalto, Cellino Attanasio, Morro d'Oro, Mosciano Sant'Angelo, and Roseto degli Abruzzi.
Conclusive evidence documents the existence of the town in the early centuries of the Christian era. The layout of the town is typical of a medieval settlement which includes thick city walls accompanied by high and narrow windows. From the 14th to the 18th century Notaresco fell under the rule of the Acquaviva family.
- Church of San Rocco – contains a 16th-century terracotta of the Virgin Mary.
- San Clemente al Vomano – built in the 9th century and was largely replaced by a 12th-century structure. The church altar is decorated with precious stones. Above the altar rests a work by the sculptor Roberto di Ruggero.
- Archaeological museum G. Romualdi – containing fragments of neolithic and paleolithic cooking utensils, burial urns, and weapons. Nearby, in the area known as Grasciano, lie the ruins of a Roman villa.
- Giuseppe Devincenzi (1814–1903), politician and agronomist
- Ignazio Rozzi (1795–1870), naturalist
- Giuseppe Romualdi (1877–1943), writer
- Renato Pirocchi (1933–2002), race car driver
- Easter Monday – the Feast of Maria Corredentrice
- 1–15 August: International Tournament of "Bocce"
- 19 September – the Feast of San Gennaro
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics from the Italian statistical institute (Istat)
|This Abruzzo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|