Notes & Rhymes
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Notes & Rhymes|
|Studio album by The Proclaimers|
|Released||June 15, 2009|
|Recorded||at Rockfield Studios by Tom Dalgety, 2008-2009|
|Genre||Folk rock, jangle pop, country rock|
|The Proclaimers chronology|
Background and release
The European release was June 15, 2009, with the US release on August 11, 2009. It was simultaneously released as both the standard CD and a 'Special Limited Edition' 2-CD set, the latter being a double, slimline jewel-case. CD2 has ten tracks: four acoustic and six live. The acoustic tracks were produced by John Williams, who had produced the Proclaimers' debut album This Is the Story.
The album, including the bonus CD, was also released as a digital download.
Singles and songs
On June 11, 2009 'I Know' was offered free by Amazon UK as a digital download 'sampler' for the album. 'Love Can Move Mountains' was the single release, having its first play on Scotland's Forth 1 radio station on Wednesday May 6. 'Sing All Our Cares Away' is a cover of a Damien Dempsey song, which featured on his 2005 album 'Shots'. 'It Was Always So Easy (To Find An Unhappy Woman)' is a cover of the title track of Moe Bandy's 1974 album.
All songs written by Craig Reid and Charlie Reid, except indicated
- "Notes & Rhymes"
- "Love Can Move Mountains"
- "Three More Days"
- "Just Look Now"
- "Sing All Our Cares Away" (Damien Dempsey)
- "It Was Always So Easy (To Find an Unhappy Woman)" (Sanger Shafer, Arthur Owens, Snr.)
- "Like a Flame"
- "I Know"
- "Shadows Fall"
- "Free Market"
- "Wages of Sin"
- "On Causewayside"
- "I Know" (reprise)
- "Love Can Move Mountains" (Rockfield acoustic session)
- "Three More Days" (Rockfield acoustic session)
- "Sing All Our Cares Away" (Rockfield acoustic session)
- "It Was Always So Easy (To Find an Unhappy Woman)" (Rockfield acoustic session)
- "I'm On My Way" (live at Edinburgh Castle, July 2008)
- "Letter from America" (live at Edinburgh Castle, July 2008)
- "Scotland's Story" (live at Edinburgh Castle, July 2008)
- "Sky Takes The Soul" (live at Edinburgh Castle, July 2008)
- "Life With You" (live at Edinburgh Castle, July 2008)
- "Whole Wide World" (live at Edinburgh Castle, July 2008)
- Craig Reid – vocals
- Charlie Reid – vocals, acoustic guitar
- Zac Ware – pedal steel guitar, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, ukulele
- Stevie Christie - piano, hammond organ, accordion, keyboards
- Garry John Kane - bass guitar, double bass
- Clive Jenner – drums, percussion
- Steve Evans – electric guitar, piano
- Terry Edwards - tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, trumpet
- Davide Rossi – violin, viola, string arrangement
- Kevin Brown - lap steel guitar, electro-acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Joanna Nye- backing vocals