Nothing, Arizona in 2011
|Elevation||3,268 ft (996 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||2675317|
The settlement was established in 1977, located 100 miles northwest of Phoenix Arizona, and roughly 20 miles south of Wikieup, the "rattlesnake capital of Arizona." It is west of Bagdad at milepost 148½ on U.S. Route 93 (the Joshua Forest Scenic Parkway) between Wickenburg and Kingman, on the route from Las Vegas to Phoenix.
|“||Town of Nothing Arizona. Founded 1977. Elevation 3269ft.
The staunch citizens of Nothing are full of Hope, Faith, and Believe in the work ethic. Thru-the-years-these dedicated people had faith in Nothing, hoped for Nothing, worked at Nothing, for Nothing.
Commerce and attractions
Nothing once contained a gas station and small convenience store.
Nothing was abandoned by May 2005, and by August 2008, the gas station was beginning to collapse. An attempted revival of Nothing occurred at some time after August 2008 when Nothing was purchased by Mike Jensen. By April 2009, Jensen had opened his pizza business, run from a portable oven, with hopes of reopening the mini-mart and creating accommodations for RVs.
As of April 2011, it appears that Nothing has once again been abandoned. The building has fresh boards in the windows, and no sign of inhabitance or any activity.
- "Nothing (historical)". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Peterson, Dale (2001). Storyville, Usa. Athens: University of Georgia Press. p. 238. ISBN 0-8203-2303-9.
- Parker, Quentin (2010). Welcome to Horneytown, North Carolina, Population: 15: An insider's guide to 201 of the world's weirdest and wildest places. Adams Media. pp. xi.
- Thompson, George E. (1 July 2009). You Live Where?: Interesting and Unusual Facts about where We Live. iUniverse. p. 5. ISBN 978-1-4401-3421-0.
- Nothing, Arizona by Andrew Eames, from travelintelligence.net
- A trip to Bagdad and Some Other Places Not In Iraq by Gordon Burhop from desertusa.com
- What there is in Nothing
- Motorist Assist Patrol U.S. 93 Corridor
- A town called Nothing by Dmitry Knyazev, From issue 2550 of New Scientist magazine, 06 May 2006, page 88
- 10 Advantages of Doing Ministry Without a Ministry Strategy by Tony Morgan, May 31, 2005
- Will Shiers (6 November 2010). Roadside Relics: America's Abandoned Automobiles. MBI Publishing Company. p. 64. ISBN 978-1-61060-114-6.
- Nothing, AZ - Nothing, Arizona
- Ruelas, Richard (29 April 2009). "Pizza chef has high hopes for his roadside attraction". The Arizona Republic. Gannett. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- The Inevitable Return Of Nothing
- Roadsideamerica.com - Nothing, Arizona (visitor stories)
- photo of Nothing, Arizona with Richard Kenworthy from digitaljournalist.org
- Field Collecting: Wickenburg Area photos of Nothing, Arizona
- Nothing (AZ) Black-and-white photo portfolio
- South US 93 - US 93 Corridor Map and Attractions ADOT map showing location of Nothing