Nothing (The Script song)
|Single by The Script|
|from the album Science & Faith|
|Released||19 November 2010|
|Writer(s)||Danny O'Donoghue, Mark Sheehan, Steve Kipner, Andrew Frampton|
|Producer(s)||Mark Sheehan, Danny O'Donoghue, Andrew Frampton, Steve Kipner|
|The Script singles chronology|
"Nothing" is a song by Irish pop rock band The Script from their second studio album, Science & Faith. The song was released as the second single on 19 November 2010. It was written and produced by Danny O'Donoghue, Mark Sheehan, Steve Kipner, and Andrew Frampton. The song charted at number 15 in Ireland, and at number 42 in the United Kingdom. In the US, the song debuted at #89 at the Billboard Hot 100, then rose to #73 the following week, #53 on its third week, before landing on to #39, on its fifth week. It later peaked at #32.
The song is told from the first-person point of view of a man who drinks himself to a stupor after he and his girlfriend broke up. Unable to accept that everything is over, he calls her and tells her his feelings, but the girl does not make any response, hence the title "Nothing". The band performed the song during the Children in Need telethon of 2010, and as part of the 2010 Christmas special "Ruth Jones' Christmas Cracker".
The music video was directed by Charles Mehling. It shows Danny and his band mates having a drink at their local bar. Danny gets drunk and goes out of the bar, singing about how he's still in love with her. He then jumps into Camden Lock and starts hallucinating that the girl he loves is swimming with him. He almost drowns, but gets rescued by police, where the music video ends.
- Digital download
- "Nothing" – 4:31
- "Nothing" (Music Video) - 4:33
- Songwriting – Danny O'Donoghue, Mark Sheehan, Steve Kipner, Andrew Frampton
- Production – Mark Sheehan, Danny O'Donoghue, Andrew Frampton, Steve Kipner
- Drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals – The Script
- Guitars, keyboards and programming – Andrew Frampton
- Bass – Ben Sargeant
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||26|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||25|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||80|
|Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)||25|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||12|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||32|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||42|
|US Billboard Hot 100||32|
|US Pop Songs (Billboard)||19|
|US Adult Pop Songs (Billboard)||3|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||13|
- "Nothing [+Video]: The Script: Amazon.co.uk: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- Science & Faith (liner notes). The Script. RCA, Sony Music. 2010.
- "Australian-charts.com – The Script – Nothing". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Ultratop.be – The Script – Nothing" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – The Script – Nothing" (in French). Ultratip.
- "The Script – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for The Script.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Chart Track: Week 52, 2010". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Charts.org.nz – The Script – Nothing". Top 40 Singles.
- "Chart Stats - The Script - Nothing". UK Singles Chart. Chart Stats. Archived from the original on 2012-07-21.
- Grein, Paul (14 September 2011). "Week Ending Sept. 11, 2011. Songs: The Voices". Yahoo! Chart Watch. new.music.yahoo.com. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Chart Highlights: Pop, Dance Club Songs & More". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011-08-09. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "RIAA Searchable Database". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2011-05-30.
- on YouTube