|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Notojima (能登島町 Notojima-machi) was a town coincident with Notojima island in Kashima District, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan. It was formed February 1, 1955 by merger of the three villaes on Notojima island.
The Hirokami, Niigata was the siter city of Notojima.
On October 1, 2004, Notojima, along with the towns of Nakajima and Tatsuruhama (all from Kashima District), was merged into the expanded city of Nanao and no longer exists as an independent municipality.
- At the Notojima Aquarium visitors can watch dolphin and seal shows, animal feeding and meet many species in the 'touch and feel' tank. The aquarium also has a collection of jellyfish.
- The Notojima Glass Museum is the only public specialized glass art museum in Japan. The open space outside the Museum also has 14 glass sculptures.
- Official website of Nanao (in Japanese)
- Notojima Glass Museum (in Japanese)
- Notojima Aquarium Japanese English
|This Ishikawa Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|