Location within Joliette RCM.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||January 1, 1957|
|• Mayor||Suzanne Dauphin|
|• Federal riding||Joliette|
|• Prov. riding||Joliette|
|• Total||18.80 km2 (7.26 sq mi)|
|• Land||18.20 km2 (7.03 sq mi)|
|• Density||487.3/km2 (1,262/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||7.8%|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
Notre-Dame-des-Prairies is a town in the Lanaudière region of Quebec, Canada, part of the Joliette Regional County Municipality. It is a suburb of Joliette, located along the eastern shores of the L'Assomption River.
In 1950, the Parish of Notre-Dame-des-Prairies was established. The name refers to the prairies or planes of the Saint-Lawrence Lowlands that characterize the landscape. In 1957, the municipality was formed by separating from the Parish Municipality of Saint-Charles-Borromée. In 2005, the municipality changed statutes and became the City of Notre-Dame-des-Prairies.
- Population in 2011: 8868 (2006 to 2011 population change: 7.8%)
- Population in 2006: 8230
- Population in 2001: 7316
- Population in 1996: 6837
- Population in 1991: 6465
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 4002 (total dwellings: 4068)
- English as first language: 0.6%
- French as first language: 97.6%
- English and French as first language: 0%
- Other as first language: 1.8%
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2017)
Commission scolaire des Samares operates francophone public schools, including:
The Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board operates anglophone public schools, including:
- Reference number 388194 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (in French)
- Geographic code 61030 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (in French)
- Statistics Canada 2011 Census - Notre-Dame-des-Prairies census profile
- "Notre-Dame-des-Prairies (Ville)" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- "des Prairies (pavillon Dominique-Savio) Archived 2017-09-23 at the Wayback Machine." Commission scolaire des Samares. Retrieved on September 23, 2017.
- "des Prairies (pavillon Monseigneur-Jetté) Archived 2017-09-23 at the Wayback Machine." Commission scolaire des Samares. Retrieved on September 23, 2017.
- "JOLIETTE ELEMENTARY ZONE." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on September 17, 2017.
- "Joliette High School Zone Sec 1-5." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on September 5, 2017.