Notre Dame Preparatory (Pontiac, Michigan)
|Notre Dame Preparatory School|
1300 Giddings Road
|Motto||"With God we form Christian people, upright citizens, and academic scholars."|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Oversight||Archdiocese of Detroit|
|Head of school||Andrew Guest|
|Campus size||100 acres|
|Color(s)||Forest green and Vegas Gold|
|Slogan||A World of Education|
|Song||Notre Dame Our Mother|
|Fight song||Notre Dame Victory March|
|Accreditation||Independent Schools Association of the Central States, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Affiliation||Society of Mary|
Originally the school was the Pontiac Catholic High School, and it was later known as the Oakland Catholic School. It closed at the end of the 1993-1994 school year and immediately reopened as Notre Dame Prep. The Marists supported Notre Dame after its rebranding.
A 100-acre (40 ha) campus in an outerlying area in Pontiac houses Notre Dame Prep and Marist Academy.
Notre Dame High School
- Curtis Hertel Jr. (1996) – State Senator, Democrat – Michigan
- Doug Weight (1989) – Olympic gold medalist and former NHL player for the New York Rangers, Edmonton Oilers, Carolina Hurricanes, Anaheim Ducks, St. Louis Blues, and the New York Islanders.
- John Blum (1977) – former NHL player for the Edmonton Oilers, Boston Bruins, Washington Capitals, and the Detroit Red Wings
- Mark Cendrowski(1977) – television director best known for his work on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory.
- Dave Coulier (1977), comedian and entertainer
- Dave Debol (1974) – former NHL player for the Hartford Whalers
- David Bonior (1963) – U.S. Congressman, Democrat – Michigan; House Minority Whip
Pontiac Catholic High School
- Anne Rexford – Former University of Detroit Mercy Women's Basketball Head Coach.
- Colleen O'Brien (1974) – Judge, Michigan Court of Appeals
- Bunting & Lyon, Peter Bunting. Private Independent Schools. J. E. Bunting., 2007.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- NDPMA Website http://www.ndpma.org/drupal/node/1363
- Enrollment, programs grow at Notre Dame Prep." The Detroit News. November 3, 2002. Retrieved on November 2, 2013. ID: det13086917.
- Bunting, p. 198.
- "Carolina's Weight finally lifted, well, almost"; Detroit Free Press, June 21, 2006; URL accessed July 3, 2006.
- "Dave Coulier" at the Notable Names Database (NNDb); URL accessed May 6, 2006.
- ; URL accessed August 4, 2017.
- "BONIOR, David Edward" at Congress.gov; URL accessed May 8, 2006.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-05-16. Retrieved 2015-11-12.