Notre Dame School, Surrey
|Motto||Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam
(To the greater glory of God)
|Type||Independent day school|
|Headmistress||Mr Plummer (Principal) Mrs King (Senior School) Ms D'Aprano (Prep School)|
|Chair of Governors||Glen Travers|
|Founders||Company of Our Lady Mary|
|DfE URN||125375 Tables|
|Colours||Blue‹See Tfm› and yellow‹See Tfm›|
Notre Dame School was founded at Burwood House in 1937 by nuns from the Company of Our Lady Mary.In 2003 the school’s ownership passed from The Company of Mary Our Lady to a charitable trust, and is now managed by the trustees and a board of governors, several of whom are Sisters from the religious institute. The present headmistress was appointed in 2003.
Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, Archbishop of Westminster, was the main celebrant at a special Mass held at the school to celebrate both the 70th anniversary of the school and 400 years of the Company of Mary Our Lady on Tuesday 15 May 2007. The Mass was also attended by His Excellency Archbishop Faustino Sainz Muñoz, Apostolic Nuncio, Bishop Kieran Conry and Bishop Bernard Longley.
|DfE URN||125447 Tables|
|Gender||Girls; Boys (aged 2-4)|
The prep department consists of the BlueBelles Nursery for boys and girls aged 2 to 4 and the junior school for girls aged 4–11.
The pupils of both schools are divided into four Houses, which compete in such things as sport and drama. The Houses are named as follows:
- Jeanne (Prep) D'abernon (Senior)
- Michel (Prep) Burwood (Senior)
- Richard (Prep) Arundel (Senior)
- Gaston (Prep) Ellesmere (Senior)
Notable former pupils
- Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, head of hairdressing company Toni & Guy and daughter of co-founder Toni Mascolo.
- Ruth Wilson, Olivier award winning actress.
- Independent Schools Inspectorate, (February 2007), Inspection of Notre Dame Senior School, page 1