The neutrality of the style of writing in this article is questioned. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Broadcast area||Sydney Central Coast Newcastle Wollongong|
|Callsign meaning||2-New South Wales SYD-Sydney|
|Owner||NOVA Entertainment |
(Nova 96.9 Pty Ltd)
|Sister stations||smoothfm 95.3|
In 2014 Nova had an 8% share of the Sydney audience on average, which is en par with rival KIIS FM. Kate, Tim & Marty was the highest rated Nova show receiving 13% of Sydney's Drive time audience. Smallzy's Surgery receives a 10% share for the nighttime slot and Fitzy & Wippa received an 8% of Sydney's Breakfast audience.
In November 2014, Nova held a 6.7% for breakfast and 8.6% share for drive time.
One of the driving forces behind the creation of Nova was the growing demographic of youth who were embracing the commercialised anti-pop movement fronted by such artists as Daft Punk and Spiderbait, but for whom Triple J, operated by the publicly funded Australian Broadcasting Corporation, had no commercial incentives to offer. Initially the music selection on Nova 96.9 was very similar to that of Triple J, and a number of the station presenters, most notably former breakfast hosts Merrick and Rosso, which were also former Triple J staff. However, while Triple J has retained its alternative style, Nova has drifted towards a more commercial format. Meanwhile, other stations have adopted Nova's more varied programming style, to the point where Nova is now hard to tell apart from other commercial FM stations.
- Fitzy & Wippa 6:00am-9:00am
- Troy Ellis 9:00am-1:00pm
- Dan Cassin 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Kate, Tim and Marty 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Fitzy & Wippa (Best of) 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Smallzy's Surgery 7:00pm-10.00pm
- Cale Porter Late Nights 10:00pm-1.00am
- Matt de Groot (Breakfast)
- Michelle Stephenson (National Drive/National News Manager)
- Katie Hill (weekends)
- LIC022 - Commercial Radio Broadcasting Licences (PDF), Australian Communications and Media Authority, 2011-08-31, archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-07-28
- Lallo, Michael (November 9, 2014). "'Also Ran Network' seals victory with a Kiis". The Sun-Herald. Sydney, Australia.
- "Official Sponsors". Retrieved 18 March 2011.