|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Associated acts||Paramore, Cecil Adora|
Novel American was an American rock band from Nashville, Tennessee, formed in 2011. They were formed following guitarist Josh Farro's departure from Paramore and consists of Farro, Ryan Clark (bass, backing vocals) formerly of Cecil Adora, and Zac Farro (drums, percussion).
Guitarist Josh Farro was a member of Paramore, having formed the band with his brother Zac as well as Hayley Williams. After releasing three successful studio albums, both Josh and Zac departed the band in 2010. Though initially unsure if he wanted to be in another band, Farro jammed with friends, former Cecil Adora members Van Beasley, Ryan Clark and Tyler Ward. They decided to form another band, choosing the name Novel American, which was suggested by Farro's wife. The group planned to record an EP as well as play local venues in the future. It was announced in February that Josh's brother Zac became the band's new drummer in place of Ward. In April, the band posted clips of new material on their Facebook page. However, the following month, Novel American confirmed the departure of vocalist Van Beasley, citing creative differences.
In May 2014 Josh Farro announced that Novel American no longer exists.
- Farro brothers (ex- Paramore) scrap Novel American; begin recording new album with new band
- Montgomery, James (December 18, 2010). "Paramore Confirm Farro Brothers Have Left Band". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- Montgomery, James (February 2, 2011). "Exclusive: Josh Farro Returns With Post-Paramore Band Novel American". MTV. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Ex-Paramore members Zac and Josh Farro joins forces for new band". NME. February 22, 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- "Novel American part ways with vocalist". Kill Your Stereo. May 12, 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Leahey, Andrew. "Paramore Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Ex-Paramore brothers preview Novel American songs online". NME. April 5, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
|This article on a United States rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|