This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Novi Travnik in Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Entity||Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|• Mayor||Refik Lendo (SDA)|
|• Total||242 km2 (93 sq mi)|
|• Land||242 km2 (93 sq mi)|
|• Water||0 km2 (0 sq mi)|
|• Density||100/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||+387 030|
Novi Travnik is a town and municipality located in Central Bosnia Canton of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, an entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina. As of 2013, it has a population of 25,107 inhabitants.
Novi Travnik was founded in 1949 to provide residence for the employees of the newly founded MMK Bratstvo factory, and so it is one of the youngest settlements in the region. As of January 2015, the municipality contains nine National Monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina, among which are seven stećak necropolises, one mosque and the Necropolis for the victims of Fascism.
Whole municipality territory
|Novi Travnik municipality|
|Croats||11,002 (46.16%)||12,162 (39.59%)||10,548 (40.33%)||9,852 (43.12%)|
|Bosniaks/Muslims||12,067 (50.63%)||11,625 (37.85%)||9,164 (35.03%)||8,200 (35.89%)|
|Serbs||367 (1.53%)||4,097 (13.33%)||3,521 (13.46%)||4,129 (18.07%)|
|Yugoslavs by nat.||2,132 (6.94%)||2,308 (8.82%)||301 (1.31%)|
|others and unknown||396 (1.66%)||697 (2.26%)||613 (2.34%)||365 (1.59%)|
|Serbs||3,200 (27.77%)||2,464 (29.08%)||2,897 (43.36%)|
|Bosniaks/Muslims||3,176 (27.56%)||1,783 (21.04%)||1,415 (21.17%)|
|Croats||2,751 (23.87%)||1,985 (23.42%)||1,778 (26.61%)|
|Yugoslavs by nat.||(N/A)||1,887 (16.37%)||1,899 (22.41%)||275 (4.11%)|
|others and unknown||508 (4.40%)||342 (4.03%)||316 (4.72%)|
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Novi Travnik was founded in 1949 to accommodate the workers of the MMK "Bratstvo" factory. MMK Bratstvo's business grew rapidly and so did the town, resulting in one of the most prosperous towns in the entire Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and the Eastern Bloc by the late 1980s. MMK "Bratstvo used to employ more than 7,000 people and was the cornerstone of Novi Travnik. The Yugoslav Wars and their consequences altered the way and quality of living in Novi Travnik. Economy of Novi Travnik was greatly dependent on the MMK "Bratstvo" factory which was almost completely destroyed during the war, specially after a Serb air attack on 28 February 1994 (see Banja Luka incident). Today, most of MMK "Bratstvo" was privatized into smaller companies, with the Slovenian Cimos (successor of Tomos) and ADK taking the primary parts of MMK Bratstvo's primary business (forging, car parts industry). A rising trend in Bosnia and Herzegovina was seen in the shoe industry, and Novi Travnik was not excluded from it. There are a dozen companies employing over 1000 people operating in Novi Travnik. In 2015-2016, the municipality administration has designated a new industrial zone outside of the town center to attract foreign investments. HARI Ltd. is a middle-sized retail company headquartered in Novi Travnik. Alongside HARI Ltd, there a few larger retail stores including Agrokor's Konzum and Best and other locally-operating stores.
- Marijan Šunjić (1798–1860), born in Bučići (in what is now the Municipality of Novi Travnik) – 19th-century Bosnian Franciscan, Roman Catholic Bishop (Apostolic Vicar in Bosnia), educator. A street in Novi Travnik and the primary school in Stojkovići were named after him.
- Jozo Križanović (1944–2009), born in Vitez (a nearby municipality) – Croat member of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina (2001–2002), lived in Novi Travnik for a long period of time mostly before the Yugoslav Wars.
- Hasan Zolić, odg. ur., Nacionalni sastav stanovništva : rezultati za Republiku po opštinama i naseljenim mjestima 1991., Statistički bilten 234., Državni zavod za statistiku Republike Bosne i Hercegovine, Sarajevo, prosinca 1993.
- CENZUS OF POPULATION, HOUSEHOLDS AND DWELLINGS IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, 2013 FINAL RESULTS 
- "Commission to preserve national monuments". Kons.gov.ba. Archived from the original on 2015-11-24. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Popis Stanovnistva, Domacinstava, Stanova I Polioprivrednih Gazdinstava 1991" (PDF). Fzs.ba. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Bosnia I Hercegovina Details" (PDF). Fzs.ba. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-10-05. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- Official Web page of the Novi Travnik Municipality
- Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik
- Union of Novi Travnik citizens living in Canada
- HARI Ltd.
- NoviTravnik.INFO news portal
- Drukčiji Radio - local radio station
- novitravnik.org by Siba's Friends and Relatives Worldwide (defunct as of 1 March 2017)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Novi Travnik Municipality.|