Now Hear Our Meanin'
|Now Hear Our Meanin'|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||January 25-26, 1963|
Cologne, West Germany
|Kenny Clarke-Francy Boland Big Band chronology|
The AllMusic review stated "Their third studio date is a swinging affair, with potent charts by Boland and a number of strong soloists... The only disappointment with this disc is the excessive use of reverb and occasional shifting of instruments back and forth between both channels".
All compositions by Francy Boland except where noted.
- "Johnny One Note" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) - 2:25
- "Night Lady" - 8:12
- "I'm So Scared of Girls When They're Good Looking" (Jack Sels) - 5:25
- "A Ball for Othello" - 2:32
- "Sabbath Message" - 5:27
- "Now Hear My Meanin'" - 6:29
- Kenny Clarke - drums
- Francy Boland - piano, arranger
- Edmund Arnie, Benny Bailey, Jimmy Deuchar, Maffy Falay, Roger Guérin, Idrees Sulieman - trumpet
- Keg Johnson, Erich Kleinschuster, Nat Peck, Åke Persson - trombone
- Derek Humble - alto saxophone
- Carl Drevo, Billy Mitchell, Ronnie Scott - tenor saxophone
- Sahib Shihab - baritone saxophone, flute
- Jimmy Woode - bass
- Joe Harris - timpani