Now and Later
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Now and Later is a brand of fruit-flavored taffy-like candy manufactured by Ferrara Candy Company. The candy is formed into squares packaged in colorful paper. Nineteen flavors are currently available in both the Traditional and Chewy variety.[not in citation given]
The slogan "Share the Square", replaced the original "Eat Some Now, Kid."
Now and Later was created in Brooklyn, NY in 1962 by The Phoenix Candy Company.
The name Now and Later was meant to suggest to customers that they eat some of the taffy squares in the bar right away and save the rest for another occasion. They also sold several candy-and-a-toy products.
In 1978 the Phoenix Candy Company was sold to Beatrice Foods.
The company merged with Leaf in 1983, and sold it to Nabisco in 1992. Farley's & Sathers Candy Company bought it in 2000 following Kraft/Philip Morris' acquisition of Nabisco. In 2012, Farley's & Sathers Candy Company merged with Ferrara Pan Candy Company and the name of the company was changed to Ferrara Candy Company. Now and Laters are currently produced by Ferrara Candy Company.
- "Fun Facts". Ferrara Candy Company. Archived from the original on September 26, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Now and Later". 2014-07-17.
- "Redlands Web". Redlands Web. 2012-08-14. Archived from the original on 2013-10-16. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- Liebig, Jason (2012-03-16). "Phoenix Candy Company's Candy-and-a-Toy – Flash Gordon". CollectingCandy.com. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- Hughlett, Mike (2012-05-24). "Farley's & Sathers to merge with Ferrara Pan". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2013-10-23.