This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• MLA||Manvendra Singh|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+05:30)|
|Vehicle registration||MP 16|
Nowgong is a town in Chhatarpur district of Madhya Pradesh. The city was an important center during British rule. It was the headquarters of the Bundelkhand Agency. The town hosted a military cantonment with accommodation for all forces, the Kitchener College (for soldiers being trained to become officers), and had a school for the wards of the chiefs of Central India (1872–1898), in addition to being the headquarters of the Political Assistant of the Agency. The town had a population of 11,507 in 1952 and 82,452 as per 2014 Census. This city has as astonishing as 193 four-squares. Vindhya Pradesh was merged into Madhya Pradesh on 1 November 1956. Nowgong was initially declared the capital of Madhya Pradesh, but after six month Bhopal became the capital of Madhya Pradesh.
Nowgong is well connected by roads and is on NH 75 about 110 km away from Jhansi. The nearest railway station is Harpalpur, 30 km away and nearest airport is Khajuraho, 68 km away. The town has an old British era church. Nowgong has a big cricket stadium.
A Little Distillery in Nowgong, a book by Ashok Mathur, is set in this
Nowgong municipal corporation ward no. 12 one of the clean ward in the city which is result of hard working of Mr. pratush malhotra (youth leader and social worker)
Education and training
- Nowgong Polytechnic College formerly known as Govt. Polytechnic College Nowgong (1st Polytechnic in Bundelkhand) was established on 2 October 1952. The College campus is spread over an area of 14 hectares.
- Kitchener College (closed) 1929-1964. Became Army Cadet College in 1960 and relocated to Pune in 1964. It used to run a 2 year preparatory course for the India army and graduates went on to the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun (IMA), the officer training school.
- The King George’s School Nowgong 1952-1960 (in the buildings of the Kitchener college). Relocated to Chail as the Chail Military School in 1960.
- District Institute of Education and Training
- Nowgong Polytechnic College, formerly known as Govt. Polytechnic College Nowgong (was established on 2 October 1952)
- Government Degree College.
- Government engineering college
- Javahar Lal Nehru Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Government fisheries research and training institute
- Gov. T.B. Hospital
- Gov. Sale Tax Office Nowgong
- Government Nagar Palika Office
- Government P.W.D office
- Division water resources office
- Malaria office Nowgong (Chhatarpur and Tikamgarh District)
- S.D.O.P office city kotwali nowgong
- Government Engineering college Nowgong
- Polytechnic College
- Government Degree College
- State Bank of India Rural Self Employment Training Institute (SBI-RSETI) BKD
- Hotel Shine
- M.P Tourism Highway Treat
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.