|Literal meaning||The One with Crime and Dreams|
|Written by||Chen Yin-jung|
|Directed by||Chen Yin-jung|
|Country of origin||Taiwan|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||33–67 minutes|
|Production company||IFA Media|
|Release||October 31, 2019|
Nowhere Man is a 2019 Taiwanese streaming television miniseries written, directed, and edited by Chen Yin-jung. It stars Joseph Chang, Alyssa Chia, Mavis Fan, Wang Po-chieh, Jeremiah Zhang, Zhou Ming-fu, Greg Hsu, Kuo Tzu-chien, and Lu Yi-lung. The miniseries follows a death row inmate who must break out of prison to save his kidnapped son and protect his family.
The first Mandarin-language Netflix original series, Nowhere Man premiered in eight parts on October 31, 2019. It received eight Golden Bell Award nominations, including Best Miniseries, and won four.
A strange encounter that causes a man awaiting execution to experience alternate timelines. That leads to his escape from prison to protect his family.
- Joseph Chang as Ding Chang-quan
- Alyssa Chia as Jiang Jing-fang
- Mavis Fan as Bai Lan
- Wang Po-chieh as Xiao Sha
- Jeremiah Zhang as Cui Cheng-gui
- Zhou Ming-fu as Cui Wan-fu
- Greg Hsu as Lin Ji-zi / Du Zi-qiang
- Kuo Tzu-chien as Yang Wan-li
- Lu Yi-lung as Xia Shi-ying
- Tou Chung-hua as Wan You-qing
- Benjamin Lee as Wang Qing-nian
- L. C. Sun as Qui Yi-yang
- Shen Hai-yung as Ding Wan-rong / Xia Ding-xiang
- Pan Yi-chun as Zhang Lian-sheng
- Tu Chun-chi as Lin Guan-zhong
- Peng Cian-you as Lin Ben-chuan
- Lucas Hsieh as Jiang Tian-you
- Coco Ho as Wang Xiao-qiu
- Jay Kao as Zhou Xu-liang
- Kaiji Tang as Chang Quan
- Vivian Lu as Jing Fang
- Gwendoline Yeo as Bai Lan
- Alan Lee as Xiao Sha
- Greg Chun as Gui
- Khoi Dao as Fu Xing
- Aleks Le as Lin Ji Zi
- Kirk Thornton as Wan Li
- John DeMita as Tang Three Hundred
Season 1 (2019)
|No.||Title||Original release date|
|1||"Chapter 1: The Killing"||October 31, 2019|
|2||"Chapter 2: The Child"||October 31, 2019|
|3||"Chapter 3: Ten Years"||October 31, 2019|
|4||"Chapter 4: Old Friends"||October 31, 2019|
|5||"Chapter 5: Short-Lived"||October 31, 2019|
|6||"Chapter 6: Recollection"||October 31, 2019|
|7||"Chapter 7: OGAWA"||October 31, 2019|
|8||"Chapter 8: Sleepwalking"||October 31, 2019|
Awards and nominations
|2020||55th Golden Bell Awards||Best Miniseries||Nowhere Man||Nominated|
|Best Actor in a Miniseries or Television Film||Joseph Chang||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Television Film||Wang Po-chieh||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Television Film||Mavis Fan||Nominated|
|Best Cinematography||Chou Yi-hsien
|Best Sound||R.T. Kao
|Best Lighting||Hsieh Sung-ming||Won|
|Best Art and Design||Liang Shuo-lin
- Brzeski, Patrick (August 26, 2019). "Netflix Unveils Launch Dates for First Trio of Chinese-Language Originals". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- Shackleton, Liz (August 27, 2019). "Netflix sets dates for trio of Chinese-language originals". Screen Daily. Retrieved September 16, 2021.
- Yang, Tzu-hsuan (September 27, 2019). "Netflix to release first mandarin original series 'Nowhere Man' next month". The China Post. Retrieved September 16, 2021.
- Salvi, Pooja (October 28, 2019). "'Nowhere Man': Netflix's first Mandarin original is the story of a father escaping from death row to rescue his kidnapped son". MEA WorldWide. Retrieved September 16, 2021.
- Parkes, Douglas (November 15, 2019). "Netflix's first Chinese-language originals have arrived – what to expect from C-dramas Nowhere Man, Triad Princess and The Ghost Bride". South China Morning Post. Retrieved September 16, 2021.