|• Member of Parliament||Shri Balabhadra Majhi, (BJD)|
|• Member of Legislative Assembly||Shri Manohar Randhari, (BJD)|
|Elevation||557 m (1,827 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Raja Chaitanya Dev high school is the oldest school in Nabarangpur for boys. It is near Nabarangpur Mosque in Pathan street. It was established in 1934. The School operates under Board of Secondary Education-Orissa.
Habibulla Khan of INC was elected MLA from Nobarangpur Assembly Constituency in 2004, 2000, 1995, 1990, 1985, 1980 and 1977. He represented INC(I) in the 1980 elections. The current MLA is Monohar Randhari of Biju Janata Dal (BJD) who was elected in 2009. Another local politician was Sadashiv Tripathy the former CM of Odisha. Jagannath Tripathy, a freedom fighter was also MLA of Nabarangpur. 
- Mosque near RCD High School
- Maa Bhandar Gharani Temple(On NH 26)
- Lord Jagannath Temple(On NH 26)
- Nabarangpur Mosque(Near Gandhi Chhak)
- Church(Near Nowrangpur Police Station)
- Bada Shiva Mandira:Shiva Temple(Near Municipal high school)
- 1008 Sri Adhinath Digamber jain Temple
- Sai Baba Mandir
- Baba akhandalamani temple near old market
- Sri satyanarayang temple on NH 26
Nabarangpur is connected to almost all major cities and towns by road. Although it is not covered by railway line it has a Railway Reservation counter for Advance booking near the private bus stand. Nabarangpur is linked with bus services with major cities like Visakhapatnam, Raipur, Jagdalpur, Bhubneswar, Brahamapur, Cuttack, Bhawanipatna.
>Ramesh Majhi gears bats for railways in Nabarangpur-Malkangiri.
>Nearest Railway station: Jeypore,(Umuri railway Station) (45 km), Kesinga (150 km) Raipur (320 km)
>Nearest Airport: Visakhapatnam (260 km), Raipur (320 km), Bhubaneswar (537 km)
Nowrangpur is part of Nowrangpur (Lok Sabha constituency).
- "State Elections 2004 - Partywise Comparison for 90-Nowrangpur Constituency of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-15.