|Mbarara, Mbarara District
|Type||Public Middle School and High School|
|Motto||Better your best|
|Headteacher||Jimmy Turyagyenda |
|Number of students||900 (2006)|
|Slogan||The Lion Roars|
|Athletics||Rugby, Soccer, Track, Tennis, Hockey, Cricket, Volleyball, Basketball, Table Tennis|
The school is approximately 1 kilometre (0.62 mi), by road, north of the central business district of Mbarara, the largest city (2014 population: 195,013), in the Western Region. The school campus is approximately 267 kilometres (166 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the school are 0°36'10.0"S, 30°39'11.0"E (Latitude:-0.602778; Longitude:30.653056). The school is situated on the convex slope of Ntare hill at an elevation of 1,400 metres (4,600 ft), above sea level.
|This section does not cite any sources. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Subjects offered at "O" Level include; Biology, Chemistry, Christian Religious Education, Commerce, Computer Studies, English Language and Literature, Music, Fine Art, French, Geography, History, Mathematics, Physics, Political Education and Kiswahili.
At "A" Level subjects offered are categorised into Arts and Sciences. The Arts subjects offered are; History, Economics, Divinity, French, Literature in English, Geography, Kiswahili, Music and Fine Art. The Science subjects offered are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Subsidiary Mathematics and General Paper which is a compulsory subject.
Houses of residence
- New House
- Yoweri Museveni
- Paul Kagame
- Amama Mbabazi
- John Nasasira
- Eriya Kategaya
- Nobel Mayombo
- Ephraim Kamuntu
- Elioda Tumwesigye
- Tarsis Kabwegyere
- Daniel Kidega
- Fred Ruhindi
- Omwony Ojwok
- Serapio Rukundo
- James Nsaba Buturo
- Richard Nduhura
- Stephen Mallinga
- Administrator, . (8 April 2013). "Ntare School Students Engage Police In Running Battles". Red Pepper Uganda. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- KS, . (2006). "KayeSchools: Ntare School - The Lion Roars". Kayeschools.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Nalubwama, Jackie (17 August 2006). "Ntare 'The Only' School: Laissez-Faire Attitude Pays Off". The Observer (Uganda). Archived from the original on November 23, 2006. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Map Showing Downtown Mbarara And Ntare School With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- UBOS (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Ntare School With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Google. "Location of Ntare School At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- NS. "About Ntare School". Ntare School (NS). Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Moses Talemwa, and Shifa Mwesigye (11 February 2010). "Top 10 Schools In Last 10 Years". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Mubangizi, Michael (6 October 2009). "VIP Schools: Ntare And Kisubi OBs In Charge". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Accomodation [sic], Ntare School, accessed 16 April 2017
- Uganda State House, . (19 April 2014). "President Museveni Attends Ntare School Alumni Reunion, Calls for Intellectualisation And Skilling of Society for Future Development". Statehouse.go.ug. Retrieved 3 April 2015.