This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Current NTV7 logo since 5 March 2018
|Launched||7 April 1998|
|Owned by||Media Prima Berhad|
PAL (576i) (4:3/16:9)|
HDTV (1080i) (16:9)
|Audience share||5% (Sept 2013, )|
Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese), Korean, Turkish
|Headquarters||Sri Pentas, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor|
|Sister channel(s)||TV3, 8TV, TV9|
Channel 7 (VHF)|
Channel 37 (UHF) in Klang Valley)
|MyFreeview (Malaysia)||Channel 107|
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 107|
|NJOI (Malaysia)||Channel 107|
|Unifi TV||Channel 107|
|Live Streaming (Malaysia only)||
Natseven TV Sdn Bhd, better known as NTV7, is a free-to-air terrestrial television channel in Malaysia based in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. It began broadcasting nationwide on 7 April 1998. The station, which broadcasts on the UHF frequency band, offers a combination of English and Malay programmes, produced locally as well as some from overseas.
NTV7 is also available over all Malaysian digital broadcasting platforms on Channel 107.
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The station was launched under the entity of Natseven TV Sdn Bhd in 1998 by businessman Mohd Effendi Norwawi, broadcasting daily from 6 am to 1 am the next day.
In 2005, Media Prima Berhad announced its acquisition of ntv7 under a price of RM90 million. Media Prima also owns three other private television stations in Malaysia: TV3, 8TV & TV9, as well as a controlling stake in the New Straits Times, owned by New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
The station, which targets the Malaysian urban demographic, offers a wide variety of programming including drama, comedy, entertainment, game shows, children's programmes, anime, documentaries and movies. There are also news bulletins in English, Mandarin and Malay through the 7 Edition, Mandarin 7, and Edisi 7 brands, respectively.
Since 1 April 2016, a teleshopping block bought by the Korean conglomerate CJ Group called CJ WOW Shop has been broadcasting across Media Prima channels. Several Media Prima channels (especially NTV7 and TV9) are more affected by the changes. It attracted public criticism on social media as a large part of the daytime schedule has been replaced by the block, in which these slots had been previously dedicated to reruns, religious programming and kids programming. This teleshopping block has since had its broadcasting hours reduced for NTV7 after the channel rebrand at 5 March 2018..
From 5 March 2018, Media Prima unveiled a new brand positioning for NTV7. The popular urban station now targets “Modern Malaysia” through its new content line-up, including new Turkish Telenovela. At the same time, Chinese content on this channel was reduced to select Hong Kong Cantonese TVB dramas and Mandarin news bulletins, with much of the remainder transferred to sister channel 8TV (which repositioned to an all-Chinese channel on the same day).  Thus, from a minimum content requirement for Malaysia, more English and Malay content has increased gradually for the station.
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20131211222544/http://www.mediaprima.com.my/investorcenter/ibq/2013/IB%20Q3%202013%20FINAL%20%2818112013.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 December 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013. Missing or empty
- "NTV7 - Variety Entertainment Channel - Astro".
- "HyppTV TV Guide(includes the LCN number of each channel)".
- "Event for 6 June 2017". The EDGE Markets. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Channels - TV, Radio dan Prabayar (official list of all channels available on NJOI)".
- "CJ WOW SHOP mula 1 April". Harian Metro. 1 April 2016. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- . 1 April 2016 https://www.facebook.com/TV3MALAYSIA/photos/a.392087241166.178751.262044791166/10153548509336167/?type=3&theater. Retrieved 6 April 2016. Missing or empty
- . 1 April 2016 https://www.facebook.com/TV9Malaysia/photos/a.132100906817085.22337.124467560913753/1302978949729269/?type=3&theater. Retrieved 6 April 2016. Missing or empty
- . 1 April 2016 https://www.facebook.com/ntv7localdrama/photos/a.299680246757151.72583.293290990729410/1085761854815649/?type=3&theater. Retrieved 6 April 2016. Missing or empty
- "Media Prima unveils new brand positioning for ntv7 with new logo". www.marketing-interactive.com. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "ntv7华语新闻即將搬家？". www.orientaldaily.com.my. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Rebranding of NTV7". www.nst.com.my. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "MPTN mendahului industri". www.hnetro.com.my. Retrieved 2018-01-22.