|Dates||Last week of August
24–27 August 2017
Ivanjica Culture Centre
Ivanjica Tourism Organisation
The festival began as a celebratio of film comedy from 1968 to 1972, which attracted the cultural elite of then Yugoslavia. The festival had a Round Scene with a Corner. The festival bears the name of the famous Serbian comedy playwright, Branislav Nušić, who used the sentence "You’re bound for Ivanjica!" as a punchline in his comedies, indicating the 19th century threat of exile to this town. Later it became the festival’s slogan and the invitation to Ivanjica. In 1972, the festival ended.
In 2008, a citizen petition for reviving the festival was signed by over 10% of the population. A citizen organisation named KudeS (Cultural Decentralization of Serbia) was formed and led the process of organizing the new festival. After the local Assembly adopted the proposal, the Municipality of Ivanjica, Ivanjica Culture Centre and Ivanjica Tourism Organisation joined the partnership, and these four organizations organised Nušićijada beginning in 2010.
In March 2018, the municipality's president and local leader of ruling Serbian Progressive Party, made a decision to expel KudeS (leader of the festival's revival and main organizer) from the list of event's organizers. The move was widely seen as politically motivated, as former event's participants have satirically mocked the President of Serbia and leader of Serbian Progressive Party Aleksandar Vučić.
- "ABOUT NUŠIĆIJADA". nusicijada.rs. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Bojović, Beba. ""Nušićijada" vratila sjaj staroj varoši". blic.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Trtović, V. "Ivanjica opet u znaku Nušića". pressonline.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Rekordno masovno lečenje smehom zabeleženo na ivanjičkoj Nušićijadi". nusicijada.rs (in Serbian). 4 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Sedma Nušićijada oborila sve rekorde, ne odstupajući od kulturnih okvira i pravih vrednosti". nusicijada.rs/ (in Serbian). 31 August 2016. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- D., K. (27 March 2018). "SNS stavio Nušićijadu „pod kontrolu"". danas.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Kao u Nušićevoj komediji: Organizatori "Nušićijade" izbačeni iz festivala koji su stvorili". blic.rs (in Serbian). 27 March 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nušićijada.|
|This comedy or humor related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|