||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2015)|
Nu Fetish is a unique and rather young genre of erotica, which snowballed into a form that is defined more by its contributors/creators than by its consumers. It is a form of amateur pornographic film which creatively cycles around the individual's desire. Often it is created by women, with some exceptions, and it has an emancipatory and often artistic quality to it, as the entire production is usually done by one person. Female collaborations within the Nu Fetish scene have been done as well. Who exactly consumes Nu Fetish on the net, is still an unclear demographic as very little information is available. It is assumed that creative people are interested in this form of erotica.
At first glance Nu Fetish appears to be homemade, surreal, and on the whole done by and for the people who appear in the (usually short) videos, possibly as some form of self-exploration. It often speaks to fetishes that seem quite outside the general realm of bondage, leather, whips, or more hardcore-yet-somehow-conventional interests. What sets Nu Fetish apart is that it casts back to the broader, more psychoanalytic sense of fetish as sexual arousal brought about by an object or situation, without any particular assumptions about what the object or situation might be. Here it pokes at the subconscious in unpredictable ways.
- [dead link]
- "What’s Nu? » Erotic Review". Eroticreviewmagazine.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Producer CHRISTOPHER CUMINGHAM in Miami, Florida, July 14th, 2011". 032c Workshop. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Jose D. Duran (18 March 2011). "GirlsIMetAt.com Is Hipster Porn AKA "Nu Fetish." This Ain't BangBros.". Cultist. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Nu fetish, anyone?". deliciouslydeviant. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Christopher Cumingham: a different kind of erotic art". Lost At E Minor: For creative people. Retrieved 19 January 2015.