This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||Germany|
Nuclear Blast is an independent record label and mail order record distributor with subsidiaries in Germany, the United States and Brazil. The record label was founded in 1987 by Markus Staiger in Germany. Originally releasing hardcore punk records, the label moved on to releasing albums by melodic death metal, grindcore, industrial metal, power metal and black metal bands, as well as tribute albums. It also distributes and promotes two post-hardcore/metalcore labels, SharpTone Records, focused on American scene (Miss May I, Emmure, Attila), and Arising Empire, focused more on European bands such as Novelists, Imminence and While She Sleeps.
More recent signings include names such as The Addicts, Wednesday 13, Slayer, Opeth, Decapitated, Danzig, Cradle of Filth, Edguy, Nightwish, Symphony X, Suffocation, Machine Head and Fear Factory ,  plus Sabaton.
Nuclear Blast was formed in 1987 after founder Markus Staiger traveled throughout the United States for four weeks and saw a gig of his favorite band BL'AST!. The label's first release was a vinyl compilation called Senseless Death (NB 001) featuring US hardcore bands like Attitude, Sacred Denial, Impulse Manslaughter and others.
Swedish band Meshuggah became the first band in the history of Nuclear Blast Records to crack the Billboard 200, landing at number 165 with their 2002 album, Nothing. Meshuggah also became the first Nuclear Blast band to be reviewed in Rolling Stone magazine.
In 2004, Finnish symphonic metal band Nightwish released Once on Nuclear Blast, which rocketed to the top of the charts in multiple countries, including Finland, Germany, Norway, Greece, Sweden, Austria, and more. It became the first release in the company's history to reach number 1 on the German charts. Slayer released the album Repentless in 2015 which went to number 4 on the Billboard 200 making it the highest charting Nuclear Blast release in the United States.
The exclusive distribution in Greece is being carried out by Infinity Entertainment IKE.
- "Nuclear Blast page in The Orchard".
- Grow, Kory (April 24, 2014). "Slayer Debut New Song 'Implode' During Surprise Golden Gods Appearance". Rolling Stone. Retrieved May 2, 2014.
- "OPETH Signs With NUCLEAR BLAST ENTERTAINMENT; New Album 'Sorceress' Due In Fall". 15 June 2016.
- Nuclear Blast (2014). CRADLE OF FILTH - sign worldwide record deal with Nuclear Blast Records!. Nuclear Blast. available at: http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/news/details/3641073.216100.cradle-of-filth-sign-worldwide-deal-with-nb.html. (accessed 13/12/2015).
- "Nuclear Blast History".
- http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fear-factory-signs-with-nuclear-blast-entertainment-new-album-in-the-works/. Missing or empty
- "Meshuggah Breaking New Ground With 'Nothing' - Sep. 8, 2002". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- "History 2003-2007 - Nuclear Blast".