|Origin||Phoenix, Arizona, USA|
|Past members||Lori Bravo
Nuclear Death were formed on March 23, 1986, by Lori Bravo (vocals, bass), Phil Hampson (guitar), and Joel Whitfield (drums). Their first demo, Wake Me When I'm Dead, was released later that same year, receiving positive reviews from American and overseas zines. They were notable as at the time very few death metal artists had female singers. Their second demo, Welcome to the Minds of the Morbid, followed in 1987, on the back of which Nuclear Death signed a contract with Richard Campos from Wild Rags, a record label, fanzine and record dealer in California.
In 1991, the band released their more controversial work, entitled Carrion for Worm, containing many songs considered to be in bad taste, such as "The Human Seed", "Lurker in the Closet: A 'Fairy' Tale", and "Greenflies". Carrion for Worm featured vocals by Chris Reifert, singer from popular death metal band Autopsy, on two songs, "Cathedral of Sleep" and "Vampirism".
On May 23, 1992, Nuclear Death played a notorious concert in Puerto Rico, with label partners Impetigo. Later that year they released For Our Dead, a four-track single containing a rerecorded version of 1987's "The Third Antichrist" from Welcome to the Minds of the Morbid.
After the break-up of Nuclear Death, Lori went on to form a new band, Raped, in 2002. Joel Whitfield joined Eroticide in 1991. After leaving the band in 1992, Phil was in Eroticide (1996 to 1998), and Whorror (2000 to 2002). In late 2013, Phil started Feral Viscera. He currently continues to record as Feral Viscera, but as of January 2016- decided to re-form Whorror (along with original vocalist Donn Sullivan and original drummer, Mike Wyatt (Genocaust). Their band pages can be found on both Facebook and SoundCloud.
- Lori Bravo - vocals, guitar, and bass
- Steve Cowan - drums and bass
- Phil Hampson - Guitar/songwriter
- Joel Whitfield - Drums
- 1986 - Wake Me When I'm Dead
- 1987 - Welcome to the Minds of the Morbid
- 1988 - A Symphony of Agony (Reh Tape Records)
- 1988 - Vultures Feeding
- 1988 - Caveat cassette tape
- 1990 - Bride of Insect LP (Wild Rags)
- 1991 - Carrion for Worm LP (Wild Rags)
- 1992 - For Our Dead EP/cassette tape (Wild Rags)
- 1992 - All Creatures Great and Eaten cassette tape
- 1996 - The Planet Cachexial CD (Cat's Meow Records)
- 2000 - Harmony Drinks of Me CD (Cat's Meow Records)
- 2000 - Bride of Insect / Carrion for Worm CD (Extremist Records)
- 2002 - For Our Dead / All Creatures Great and Eaten CD (Extremist Records)
- Nuclear Death at AllMusic
- Bride of Insect/Carrion for Worm review on Vampire Magazine
- Bride of Insect/Carrion for Worm review on VS Webzine