Nuclear Tipping Point
|Nuclear Tipping Point|
|Directed by||Ben Goddard|
|Produced by||Nuclear Threat Initiative|
|Written by||Ben Goddard|
|Narrated by||Michael Douglas|
|Music by||Pete Kneser|
|Edited by||Aaron Goddard|
Nuclear Tipping Point is a 2010 documentary film produced by the Nuclear Threat Initiative. It features interviews with four American government officials who were in office during the Cold War period, but are now advocating for the elimination of nuclear weapons: Henry Kissinger, George Shultz, Sam Nunn, and William Perry. Michael Douglas narrated the film.
These "Four Cold Warriors", who each contributed in important ways to the nuclear arms race, built on classical deterrence theory, now argue that we must eliminate all nuclear weapons or face disaster on an enormous scale. Former Secretary Kissinger puts the new danger this way: "The classical notion of deterrence was that there was some consequences before which aggressors and evildoers would recoil. In a world of suicide bombers, that calculation doesn’t operate in any comparable way". Shultz has said, "If you think of the people who are doing suicide attacks, and people like that get a nuclear weapon, they are almost by definition not deterrable".
- "Documentary Advances Nuclear Free Movement". NPR. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- Pease, Christian (November 10, 2011). "William J. Perry: A cold warrior". Palo Alto Weekly. Embarcadero Media. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Ben Goddard (2010-01-27). "Cold Warriors say no nukes". The Hill.
- Hugh Gusterson (30 March 2012). "The new abolitionists". Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
- "White House to Host Screening Tonight of Nuclear Tipping Point". PRNewswire-USNewswire. Retrieved 2010-07-09.
- "White House to Host Screening Tonight of Nuclear Tipping Point". FOX Business. Retrieved 2010-06-10.[dead link]
- Nuclear Tipping Point website
- Nuclear Threat Initiative official website
- Nuclear Tipping Point at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a political documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|