Nude recreation refers to recreational activities which some people do in the nude. Such activities can take place in private spaces, such as in a person's own property or in a naturist context, but they can also be a form of public nudity.
A variety of events are organised by various organisations around the world:
In June 2013, the Portland Art Museum in Oregon admitted nude participants prior to the nighttime World Naked Bike Ride for a special exhibit called "Cyclepedia" on the art of bicycle design. Hundreds of patrons saw the exhibit in the nude.
World Day of Naturism
World Naked Gardening Day
World Naked Bike Ride
World Naked Bike Rides are yearly clothing-optional bike rides in which each city's participants plan, meet and ride en masse on human-powered transport to "deliver a vision of a cleaner, safer, body-positive world" by attracting attention to a healthy alternative for vehicles that depend on fossil fuels; the naked body is used as a symbol for the vulnerability of humans to pollution, and of cyclists to the traffic in cities. These rides occur in about 75 cities across 6 continents, though in countries with a Romance language WNBRs are usually referred to by a name derived from their Spanish origin, "Ciclonudista".
World Naked Bike Rides have taken place all over the world since 2004 involving thousands of people. These take place in mostly western cities, where cyclists ride either partially or totally nude in a light-hearted attempt to draw attention to the danger of depending on fossil fuels.
The Solstice Cyclists (also known as The Painted [Naked] Cyclists of the Solstice Parade, or The Painted Cyclists) is an artistic, non-political, clothing-optional bike ride celebrating the Summer Solstice. It is the unofficial start of the Summer Solstice Parade & Pageant since 1992, an event produced by the Fremont Arts Council in the Fremont district of Seattle. The parade sets great value in creative decoration, many cyclists feature body painting and art bikes.
Nude Years Eve Party
Young Naturists And Nudists America host a yearly nude New Year's Eve party. In 2010 it was held in New York only but in 2011 they expanded to California as well. Many nudist clubs and resorts also organise nude New Year's Eve and other parties and dances.
Naked Pumpkin Run
The Naked Pumpkin Run is an annual event that has taken place since 1974 during Halloween. Naked people, usually college students, parade through several towns in the United States. The tradition started in Boulder, Colorado.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Naturism.|
- NY Daily News & February 19, 2013.
- Portland Monthly & 2013-06-11.
- YouTube 2011.
- Studio Brussel 2011.
- Williams, Lara (5 March 2017). "And now for a nude lifeguard reciting Jane Eyre … my night with Naked Boys Reading". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 March 2017.
- "World Naturist Day 2017, Date, Events, Celebrations". www.altiusdirectory.com. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Moye, David (3 May 2013). "World Naked 'Star Wars' Gardening Day Is May 4". Huffington Post.
- The Guardian & 2009-06-12.
- "Living | Free Spirits Parade Through Fremont | Seattle Times Newspaper". community.seattletimes.nwsource.com.
- "Nude Year's Eve: 5 places to see in the New Year... as nature intended". www.skyscanner.net.
- Website of the Naturist Society
- Opium op Oerol - Viva la Naturisteracion (video) (YouTube) (in Dutch). Utrecht, NL. 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Viva la Naturisteracion (Studio Brussel) (in Dutch). Utrecht, NL. 2011. Archived from the original (video) on 2013-07-28. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Nude art lovers tour nude exhibit at Vienna's famed Leopold museum". NY Daily News. February 19, 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Review: 'Cyclepedia,' 'Man/Woman,' and a Thousand Naked Cyclists | Portland Monthly". Portlandmonthlymag.com. 2013-06-11. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- Walker, Peter (2009-06-12), "Riders get naked for a weekend of anti-car cycling demonstrations", The Guardian, retrieved 2010-06-11
- Stephanie Simon (2009-10-31). "Boulder's Naked Halloween Streak May Be Coming to an End". Wall Street Journal. New York City. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- "Time Change For Billy Connolly Tour". Scoop News. New Zealand. 2014-04-09. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nude sports.|