Nullarbor National Park
|Nullarbor National Park
IUCN category VI (protected area with sustainable use of natural resources)
|Nearest town or city||Eucla|
|Established||31 May 1979|
|Area||323.10 km2 (124.7 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources|
|Website||Nullarbor National Park|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Nullarbor National Park is a protected area located in South Australia (Australia) about 887 kilometres (551 mi) west of the Adelaide city centre. Founded in 1979, its extent was reduced in 2013 from 5,781.27 square kilometres (2,232.16 sq mi) to 323.10 square kilometres (124.75 sq mi) by the proclamation of the Nullarbor Wilderness Protection Area. As of 2013, it is bounded to the west by the Western Australia - South Australian state border, the north by the Nullarbor Regional Reserve and to the east and the south by the Nullarbor Wilderness Protection Area. It is classified as an IUCN Category VI protected area.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 25 November 2014)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas in South Australia (2014) (see 'DETAIL' tab)". CAPAD 2014. Australian Government - Department of the Environment. 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Highest protection for Nullarbor". Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Wilderness Advisory Committee Annual Report 2012-13" (PDF). September 2013. pp. 17–18. ISSN 1832-9357. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (see 'DETAIL' tab)". CAPAD 2012. Australian Government - Department of the Environment. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Protected Areas of South Australia September (Map) 2014 Edition" (PDF). Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This South Australia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|