North entrance, February 2006
|Operated by||Seibu Railway|
|Line(s)||Seibu Shinjuku Line|
|Passengers (FY2013)||19,720 daily|
Numabukuro Station is served by the 47.5 km Seibu Shinjuku Line from Seibu-Shinjuku in Tokyo to Hon-Kawagoe in Saitama Prefecture. Located between Araiyakushi-mae and Nogata, it is 6.1 km from the Seibu-Shinjuku terminus.
During the daytime off-peak, the station is served by six trains per hour in either direction.
|1||■ Seibu Shinjuku Line||for Takadanobaba and Seibu-Shinjuku|
|2||■ Seibu Shinjuku Line||for Kodaira,Tokorozawa, and Hon-Kawagoe|
|Seibu Shinjuku Line|
|Koedo limited express: Does not stop at this station|
|Commuter express: Does not stop at this station|
|Express: Does not stop at this station|
|Semi express: Does not stop at this station|
The station opened on 16 April 1927.
Station numbering was introduced on all Seibu Railway lines during fiscal 2012, with Numabukuro Station becoming "SS06".
In order to ease congestion and improve the safety of the railway in the local area, plans have been produced to divert the tracks between Nakai Station and Nogata Station underground. Consequently, the existing station complex is expected to be replaced by an underground station. Approval for the plan was granted in April 2013.
In fiscal 2013, the station was the 53rd busiest on the Seibu network with an average of 19,720 passengers daily.
The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 202. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Kawashima, Ryozo (March 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１２巻 東京都心北部 [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 12 Northern Central Tokyo]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 35/59. ISBN 978-4-06-270072-6.
- 西武線全駅で駅ナンバリングを導入します [Station numbering to be introduced at all Seibu stations] (pdf). News Release (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. 23 February 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- 西武鉄道新宿線（中井駅～野方駅間） 連続立体交差化計画について [Information regarding the Seibu Shinjuku line multi-grade separation plans. (Between Nakai and Nogata stations)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Nakano City. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- 工事の概要 [Summary of the construction] (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- 駅別乗降人員 2013（平成25）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2013)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- 駅別乗降人員 2010（平成22）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- 駅別乗降人員 2011（平成23）年度 1日平均 [Average daily station usage figures (fiscal 2011)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Seibu Railway. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Numabukuro Station.|
- Numabukuro Station information (Seibu Railway) (Japanese)