Number One Gun
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Number One Gun|
|Origin||Chico, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Christian rock, indie, alternative, experimental rock|
|Years active||2002–2006, 2007–present|
|Labels||Floodgate, Tooth & Nail|
|Associated acts||Surrogate, Armed For Apocalypse, Casing The Promised Land, The Make|
|Website||Number One Gun MySpace|
|Past members||Christopher Keene
Number One Gun is a Christian rock band from Chico, California, that was most recently signed to Tooth & Nail Records. They self-released their debut EP Forever in 2002, before releasing their follow-up albums Celebrate Mistakes (2003) on Floodgate Records and Promises for the Imperfect (2005) on Tooth & Nail Records.
In 2006, members of Number One Gun decided to move on to different projects. Schneeweis created a new band called The North Pole Project, Keene and Mallory formed Surrogate, and Sellers moved on to play bass in the band Armed for Apocalypse.
In early 2007, The North Pole Project changed its name to Number One Gun, still as a solo project for Schneeweis.
Number One Gun released The North Pole Project on January 15, 2008 through Tooth and Nail Records. The first song from the album, "Million", was released on PureVolume on September 17, 2007. Number One Gun supported this album by touring from January 15–30, 2008 with Justin Richards from Brighten on guitar and drummer Jonathan Russo (producer, engineer, multi-instrumentalist and owner of Sky Bison Productions).
The band's following release, To The Secrets And Knowledge, was a continuation of the one-man project.
In June 2012, Jeff Schneeweis announced on his Twitter that he was developing a new song under the Number One Gun band name. Further posts on Twitter and Facebook revealed that the original lineup would be reuniting to write and record a new full-length album. In July 2012, the band launched a Kickstarter page to help fund their new album and subsequent tour. In addition, the band announced that Stephen Christian, lead singer of the band Anberlin, would collaborate and contribute vocals for at least one song on the album. The album This Is All We Know was made available on November 27, 2013 to fans who backed the Kickstarter project, and officially released on January 14, 2014 on Tooth and Nail Records.
|Title||Release Date||Label||Chart Positions|
|US Christ||US Heat|
|Forever (EP)||2002||Floodgate Records||—||—|
|Promises for the Imperfect||2005||Tooth & Nail Records||31||—|
|The North Pole Project||2008||49||—|
|To the Secrets and Knowledge||2010||24||17|
|This Is All We Know||2014||—||—|
- Myspace.com, Number One Gun on MySpace
- Purevolume.com, Number One Gun on PureVolume
- YouTube.com, Number One Gun on YouTube
- MySpace bulletin
- "Number One Gun - This Is All We Know". Kickstarter. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- "Number One Gun – This Is All We Know". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "Number One Gun, "This Is All We Know" Review". Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "Number One Gun (Tooth & Nail) stream new album, 'This Is All We Know' - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "Number One Gun reunites original line up". Altsounds. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "New Music Releases - niNe. magazine". Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "AlternativNews.com : l'actualité de la scène Alternative / Emo / Punk / Hardcore: Chronique Express : Number One Gun - This Is All We Know". Retrieved October 5, 2014.