Nungessers is the name of the confluence of roads that meet at the Hudson and Bergen county line at North Bergen and Fairview in northeastern New Jersey. The area is former site the Nungesser's Gutenberg Racetrack, a late 19th-century gaming and gambling venue. The neighborhood just south of Nungesser's is called the Racetrack Section and the municipality of Guttenberg is nearby. A White Castle, an early drive-in fast-food chain, originally built in the 1930s has long been a landmark in the neighborhood, as has adjacent North Hudson Park.
A major street that begins at Nungesser's is Bergenline Avenue which travelling south becomes the main shopping district of North Hudson. Just over the county line it becomes Anderson Avenue, travelling north through the urban eastern Bergen Hudson Palisades communities of Fairview, Cliffside Park and Fort Lee. The other roads which meet in the district are Kennedy Boulevard, Bergen Boulevard and Fairview Avenue from the west. To the east Boulevard East and Woodcliff Avenue connect to the northbound Palisade Avenue in the park.
Nungessers is a major transit transfer point and terminus for public bus transportation. Several New Jersey Transit bus lines either originate/terminate or pass through the area, as do many privately operated jitney (dollar van) routes. Service from bus stops situated in the area travels to points in Hudson and Bergen and to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and the George Washington Bridge Bus Station in Manhattan. Guaguas travel southbound to Boulevard East, Hudson County Courthouse, Newport Mall, 42nd Street (Manhattan), and northbound along Anderson Avenue to George Washington Bridge Plaza.
- Schlegel, Charles (2003). Schlegel's American families of German Ancestry in the United States. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. p. 176. ISBN 0-8063-1728-0.
- Nungesser's Gutenberg Racetrack
- Nungessers White Castle at Yelp
- NY Times
- Arthur G. Adams (1996). Guidebook to the Hudson. Fordham University Press. ISBN 978-0-8232-1676-5.
- Hudson County New Jersey Street Map. Hagstrom Map Company, Inc. 2008. ISBN 0-88097-763-9.
- Hudson Bus circulation report 2007
- Bergen County Bus / Rail Connections, NJ Transit, backed up by the Internet Archive as of May 22, 2009. Accessed September 14, 2016.
- Bergen County System Map, NJ Transit. Accessed September 14, 2016.
- Hudson County Bus / Rail Connections, NJ Transit, backed up by the Internet Archive as of May 22, 2009. Accessed September 11, 2011.
- Hudson County System Map, NJ Transit. Accessed September 14, 2016.
- AECOM Technical Services, Inc. Hudson County Jitney Study, July 2011. North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority. Accessed September 14, 2016. "Nungessers refers to the area where JFK Boulevard, Boulevard East, Bergenline Avenue, Fairview Avenue, Anderson Avenue, and Woodcliff Avenue converge, at the northwest corner of North Hudson County Park. Shown in Figure 17, Nungessers is the terminus for three different jitney routes (Boulevard East, Kennedy Boulevard, and Bergenline Avenue – PABT) and is served by a fourth (Bergenline Avenue)."
- NJT bus 22 schedule
- NJT bus 84 schedule
- NJT bus 88 schedule
- NJT bus 89 schedule
- NJT bus 128 schedule
- NJT bus 154 schedule
- NJT bus 156 schedule
- NJT bus 159 schedule
- NJT 165 schedule
- NJT 166 schedule
- NJT 168 schedule
- NJT bus 181 schedule
- NJT 751 schedule
- Blvd East Bus
- Unofficial New Jersey bus map
- NJ Transit route finder
- NJT Bus Routes in Bergen County
- NJT Bus Routes in Hudson County