Nuno Pinheiro (artist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Residence||Vila Real, Portugal|
|Employer||Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB|
|Known for||KDE UI designer and Oxygen coordinator|
Nuno Pinheiro is a Portuguese graphic designer and illustrator. He specializes in iconography, themes and user interface design. Pinheiro's works include general illustrations, UI design, web design, corporate design as well as other works in creative areas.
Pinheiro started as a civil engineer, but after leaving university he started working on icon design.
He is known in Linux circles for his work in the Oxygen Project. He worked at SUSE where he started to work on the Oxygen Project; after leaving SUSE he moved on to continue his work on Oxygen. where he is the current coordinator. In an interview with Libre Graphics magazine, he explained the history of the Oxygen Project and how it developed into a design platform with over 2000 icons, wallpapers, sound effects and window styles.
He was responsible for the OpenOffice.org Crystal icon set that can be seen in the open suite. He currently works for Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB (KDAB) as a UI designer. His computer art is used on KDE computer platforms worldwide, and the cloud desktop eyeOS uses work by Pinheiro extensively.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- "Nuno Pinheiro - Behind KDE". behindkde.org. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-27. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Interview with Oxygen's Nuno Pinheiro" (PDF). Libre Graphics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-01.
|This article about a Portuguese artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|