Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori
|Founded||11 December 2006|
|Luca Cordero di Montezemolo (Chairman)
Giuseppe Sciarrone (CEO)
Number of employees
|1,074 (end 2013)|
NTV was created by four Italian businessmen (among them Luca Cordero di Montezemolo) to compete with Trenitalia. The company intended to start services in late 2011, following certification of its trains in mid-2011.
In March 2011, NTV complained that the Italian infrastructure manager, RFI, was obstructing its plans to run trains by making last-minute changes to network statements. RFI is controlled by the same government group that controls Trenitalia, the incumbent provider of passenger train services in Italy.
An order for 25 Alstom Automotrice à grande vitesse (AGV) trainsets each with 11 cars was announced on 17 January 2008. Alstom assembled 17 at its La Rochelle plant, while eight were produced at Savigliano in Italy. NTV has an option for a further ten trains. The contract includes maintenance for 30 years. NTV unveiled the first of its trains in a ceremony on 13 December 2011.
In 2015, NTV announced the procurement of eight new trains to expand its fleet. The new units would be from Alstom's Pendolino family, with a maximum speed approximately 60 km/h slower than the existing AGVs. The procurement is intended to allow NTV to expand its existing Italo services, as well as offer services to new destinations.
- Turin-Salerno, stops in Milan, Reggio Emilia (Mediopadana), Bologna, Florence, Rome and Naples.
- Turin-Ancona, stops in Milan, Reggio Emilia (Mediopadana), Bologna, Rimini and Pesaro.
- Venice-Naples, stops in Padua, Bologna, Florence and Rome.
- Verona-Naples, stops in Bologna, Florence and Rome.
In Turin, Rome and Venice there are two station options: Termini and Tiburtina stations in Rome, Mestre and Santa Lucia in Venice, Porta Nuova and Porta Susa in Turin, whereas in Milan there are three station options: Centrale, Porta Garibaldi and Rogoredo.
- MDP Holdings (Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, Diego Della Valle, Gianni Punzo): 33,5%
- IMI Investimenti S.p.A. (Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A.): 20%
- SNCF (French Railways): 20%
- Winged Lion Fund (Assicurazioni Generali): 15%
- High-speed rail in Italy
- Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI), owner and operator of the Italian rail infrastructure
- Trenitalia, the Italian state-owned train operating company
- Treno Alta Velocità (owned by RFI), in charge of high speed rail infrastructure in Italy
- "Bilancio di esercizio 2010" (PDF). Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- Murray Hughes (2008-09-01). "NTV targets 20% market share by 2015". Railway Gazette International.
- Murray Hughes (2007-03-01). "Open access high speed bid". Railway Gazette International.
- "AGV begins Italian test programme". Railway Gazette International. 2010-01-12.
- "Railway Gazette: NTV brands RFI access changes ‘illegal’". Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Italie : la compagnie privée NTV retarde son lancement à 2012 (Italy: private company NTV delays launch to 2012)". Ville, rails et transports. 2011-10-27.
- "Debut for Italo: kick off of the most modern train in Europe on April 28". Press Release, Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori. 2012-03-30.
- "Alta velocità e concorrenza: parte la sfida". il Sole 24 Ore. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Italo supera il muro dei 2 milioni di passeggeri nel 2012". ntvspa.it. 2013-01-07. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "NTV, the first Italian private railway operator, chooses Alstom for the supply and maintenance of 25 AGV trains" (Press release). Alstom. 2008-01-17.
- "NTV unveils Italian AGV livery". Railway Gazette International. 2008-07-17.
- "The AGV reaches 300 km/h during the first test phase on Italian network". Alstom. 24 March 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "Railway Gazette: NTV unveils first Italo AGV". Railway Gazette International. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Railway Gazette: Open access operator NTV to order Pendolinos". Railway Gazette International. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "Connections". Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori (NTV).
- "Viaggi in treno su ferrovie ad alta velocità per valorizzare il tempo di viaggio". NTV - Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori S.p.A.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori.|
- Online reservation (English)