This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Fate||Merger with Allnex|
|Defunct||14 June 2016|
|CEO - Emery Severin, |
Chairman - Peter Springford
Number of employees
Nuplex Industries Limited was a global manufacturer and distributor of resins used in decorative paints and industrial and performance coatings with operations in Europe, Asia, the Americas, Australia and New Zealand. They were a publicly listed company on the NZX50 index in New Zealand. They were founded in 1952, and were initially a distribution company for flooring products. As of 2015, they employed over 1700 staff across 25 countries. They have a number of manufacturing divisions, including:
- Automotive related resins and plastics
- Vehicle paints
- aerospace resins and paints
- marine products,
- flooring & construction for the commercial and industrial sectors
- paper and textiles
Nuplex Industries was headquartered in Sydney, Australia with the Allnex merger its headquarters moved to Frankfurt am Main. As at 31 December 2015, Nuplex Industries had a NZ$895 million market capitalisation. Its chairman of the board of directors is Peter Springford, and its chief executive officer has been Emery Severin since 2010.
Since the global financial crisis, Nuplex has expanded profitably into Europe and Asia with their industrial coatings and paints. They have been described by Research and markets, an independent financial analyst firm as one of the major global players in global resins coating. They opened a new factory in Russia in 2014 to cater to expected long-term growth from that country. Nuplex signalled at its AGM in November 2015 that it expected strong sales for a new fast drying paint that had been in research and development for the previous seven years.
In mid-September 2016 Nuplex was brought together with Allnex, from then on operating under the name Allnex. After the Allnex takeover, Nuplex was delisted from the NZX. New corporate headquarters of the combined company are in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
- "Nuplex Corporate - History". Nuplex.com. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "Nuplex Corporate - Our Business At A Glance". Nuplex.com. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "Nuplex Corporate - About Us". Nuplex.com. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "NZX Main Board | NPX". Nzx.com. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Nuplex Corporate - Board of Directors". Nuplex.com. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "Expansion in Asia pays for Nuplex". M.nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "Nuplex says new business 'insulates' Russian unit". The National Business Review. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Nuplex causes a stir with 'new chemistry' paint component". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "Nuplex shareholders OK $1 billion Allnex takeover". 2016-07-07. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Morrison, Tina (2 September 2016). "Nuplex says Allnex takeover given European antitrust approval; shares to delist". National Business Review. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Closing completed: Allnex and Nuplex officially combined". allnex.com. Retrieved 2017-04-18.