Nuremberg from the south
|• Total||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|• Land||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|• Density||750/sq mi (290/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||570 Exchange: 384|
A post office has been in operation in Nuremberg since 1886.
As of the census of 2000, there were 231 people, 103 households, and 57 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,207.4 people per square mile (891.9/km2). There were 108 housing units at an average density of 1,032.0/sq mi (417.0/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 98.27% White, and 1.73% Asian.
There were 103 households, out of which 23.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.7% were married couples living together, 12.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.7% were non-families. 36.9% of all households were made up of individuals, and 23.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.24 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 21.6% under the age of 18, 8.7% from 18 to 24, 26.8% from 25 to 44, 27.3% from 45 to 64, and 15.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females, there were 94.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 82.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $30,000, and the median income for a family was $42,500. Males had a median income of $28,333 versus $23,036 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $15,642. About 16.0% of families and 20.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 51.0% of those under the age of eighteen and none of those sixty five or over.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Nuremberg CDP, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 10, 2012.
- "Henry County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Nuremberg CDP, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 10, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.