- For the puzzle with the same name, see Nurikabe (puzzle).
It manifests as a wall that impedes or misdirects walking travelers at night. Trying to go around is futile as it extends itself forever. Knocking on the lower left part of the wall makes it disappear. It has been suggested that the legend was created to explain travellers losing their bearings on long journeys.
In popular culture
- THE日本 Visual Human Life. 講談社. 1986: 759. ISBN 4-06-202038-6
- "Nurikabe". The Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World. 1. Harper Element. 2006. p. 491.
- LeJacq, Yannick (13 January 2015). "Ten Things You Might Not Know About Mario Kart". Kotaku. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Snorlax (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia". bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net. Retrieved 2017-12-21.
|This article relating to Japanese mythology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|