Georgian Army Ejder
|Type||Armoured combat vehicle|
|Place of origin||Turkey|
|Wars||Ejder 6x6:Russo-Georgian War Ejder Yalçın 4x4:Turkey–PKK conflict|
Ejder 6x6:2008Ejder Yalçın 4x4:2014
|Variants||Armored personnel carrier, Infantry fighting vehicle|
|Weight||Ejder 6x6: 18 tons|
Ejder 6x6: 7.05 mEjder Yalçın 4x4 :5.4m
Ejder 6x6: 2.69 mEjder Yalçın 4x4 :2.5m
Ejder 6x6 2.4 mEjder Yalçın 4x4 :2.3m
Ejder 6x6: 2+10Ejder Yalçın 4x4 : 2+9
|Armor||all welded steel armour up to STANAG-4569 level 4|
|7.62mm / 12.7 mm machine gun|
25mm AA gun40mm automatic grenade launcher
Ejder 6x6 :Cummins 6-cylinder turbocharged diesel Ejder Yalçın 4x4 : Cummins
|Power/weight||Ejder 6x6 :22.33 hp/tonne|
|600 km for both versions|
|Speed||110 km/h for both versions|
Ejder 6X6 Armoured Combat Vehicle
Baseline 6x6 version is fitted with a remotely controlled 7.62-mm machine gun and 40mm automatic grenade launcher.Supports integration of various weapon systems and armed turrets weighted up to 5 tons. V-shaped hull for improved protection against landmines and IEDs. It can withstand the blast from an 8 kg mine. Protection can be enhanced with modular add-on armor
Ejder Yalçın 4X4 Armoured Combat Vehicle
Design studies on the vehicle were initiated in the last quarter of 2012 and a pre-prototype of the base vehicle was exhibited at the IDEF in 2013. Mass production of the vehicle began in May 2014.
It features a V-shaped hull design, integrating floating floor plates and blast mitigation seating to provide protection against mines and IED's. It can accommodate up to 11 personnel and can carry a payload of up to 4 tons.
The vehicle is equipped with optionally integrated, remote-controlled and manually-operated weapon stations. It is fitted with two gun ports on the roof. The optional armament mounted on the vehicle includes 7.62mm and 12.7mm machine guns, a 25mm anti-aircraft gun and a 40mm automatic grenade launcher.
11 vehicles delivered to The General Directorate of Security (Turkish: Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü, EGM), the civilian police force responsible for law enforcement in Turkey. 50 vehicles will be delivered to the Turkish Armed Forces in 2016.
- Personnel carrier
- Nuclear, biological and chemical warfare
- Fire support
- ATGM carrier
- Medical evacuation
Ejder 6X6 Current Operators
Ejder Yalçın 4X4 Current Operators
- "Ejder Yalcin Tactical Armoured Combat Vehicle". Army Technology. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "EJDER 6X6 Armoured Combat Vehicle". www.nurolmakina.com.tr. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- ARG. "Ejder Armored Personnel Carrier | Military-Today.com". www.military-today.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "EJDER YALCIN 4X4 Armoured Combat Vehicle". www.nurolmakina.com.tr. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "TSK'dan mayına, rokete, bombaya dayanıklı Ejder Yalçın 4x4 hamlesi!". Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- Malyasov, Dylan. "Turkey will buy more EJDER YALCIN Armoured Combat Vehicles | Defence blog". defence-blog.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.