Georgian Army Ejder 6×6
|Type||Armoured combat vehicle|
|Place of origin||Turkey|
|Used by||Turkey Qatar|
|Wars||Ejder Yalçın 4×4: Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|Produced||Ejder 6x6:2008 Ejder Yalçın 4x4:2014|
|Variants||Armored personnel carrier, infantry fighting vehicle|
|Mass||Ejder 6×6: 18 tons|
|Length||Ejder 6×6: 7.05 m Ejder Yalçın 4×4 :5.4m|
|Width||Ejder 6×6: 2.69 m Ejder Yalçın 4×4 :2.5m|
|Height||Ejder 6×6 2.4 m Ejder Yalçın 4×4 :2.3m|
|Crew||Ejder 6×6: 2+10 Ejder Yalçın 4×4 : 2+9|
|Armor||all welded steel armour up to STANAG-4569 level 4|
|7.62mm / 12.7 mm machine gun|
|25mm AA gun 40mm automatic grenade launcher|
|Engine||Ejder 6×6 :Cummins 6-cylinder turbocharged diesel
Ejder Yalçın 4×4 : Cummins
|Power/weight||Ejder 6×6 :22.33 hp/tonne|
|700 km for both versions|
|Speed||120 km/h for both versions|
Ejder 6×6 Armoured Combat Vehicle
Baseline 6×6 version is fitted with a remotely controlled 7.62-mm machine gun and 40mm automatic grenade launcher. Supports integration of various weapon systems and armed turrets weighted up to 5 tons. V-shaped hull for improved protection against landmines and IEDs. It can withstand the blast from an 8 kg mine. Protection can be enhanced with modular add-on armor
Ejder Yalçın 4×4 Armoured Combat Vehicle
Design studies on the vehicle were initiated in the last quarter of 2012 and a pre-prototype of the base vehicle was exhibited at the IDEF in 2013. Mass production of the vehicle began in May 2014.
It features a V-shaped hull design, integrating floating floor plates and blast mitigation seating to provide protection against mines and IED's. It can accommodate up to 11 personnel and can carry a payload of up to 4 tons.
The vehicle is equipped with optionally integrated, remote-controlled and manually-operated weapon stations. It is fitted with two gun ports on the roof. The optional armament mounted on the vehicle includes 7.62mm and 12.7mm machine guns, a 25mm anti-aircraft gun and a 40mm automatic grenade launcher.
- Personnel carrier
- Nuclear, biological and chemical warfare
- Fire support
- ATGM carrier
- Medical evacuation
Ejder 6×6 current operators
Ejder Yalçın 4×4 current operators
- Hungary - 7
- Senegal – National Gendarmerie — 25 purchased in February 2018, first deliveries expected in March 2018.
- Tunisia – 70 on order
- Turkey – 400
- Uzbekistan – 1,024 on order
- Qatar – 400 on order
- "Ejder Yalcin Tactical Armoured Combat Vehicle". Army Technology. Archived from the original on 11 September 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "EJDER 6X6 Armoured Combat Vehicle". www.nurolmakina.com.tr. Archived from the original on 15 September 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- ARG. "Ejder Armored Personnel Carrier | Military-Today.com". www.military-today.com. Archived from the original on 5 August 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "EJDER YALCIN 4X4 Armoured Combat Vehicle". www.nurolmakina.com.tr. Archived from the original on 15 September 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Senegal, Nurol Makina'nın 4x4 zırhlı muharebe aracı Ejder Yalçın'ı seçti - Akşam". aksam.com.tr (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 26 February 2018. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "Nurol Makina 'Ejder Yalcin' and 'Ejder Toma' armoured vehicles for Senegal". Army Recognition. 28 February 2018. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "First Ejder Yalçın armoured combat vehicles for Tunisia arrive in-country". Defence Blog. 14 June 2017. Archived from the original on 14 June 2017. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "TSK'dan mayına, rokete, bombaya dayanıklı Ejder Yalçın 4x4 hamlesi!". Archived from the original on 14 March 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- Malyasov, Dylan. "Turkey will buy more EJDER YALCIN Armoured Combat Vehicles | Defence blog". defence-blog.com. Archived from the original on 13 September 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Qatar received batch of new Ejder Yalcin armoured vehicles from Turkey – Defence Blog". defence-blog.com. Archived from the original on 22 December 2017. Retrieved 19 December 2017.