|Member of the Grand National Assembly|
12 June 2011
|Constituency||Diyarbakır (2011, June 2015, Nov 2015)|
November 17, 1958 |
|Political party||Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP)|
|Peace and Democracy Party (2011-14)|
|Alma mater||Hacettepe University|
In 1983 she graduated from Hacettepe University department of food engineering. Since then she has worked as a food engineer.
She became active in human rights groups and politics and in 2003 was spokeswoman for the Federation of Associations of Families of Detainees and Convicts for Cooperation (TUAD-FED)  Three years later she is quoted as the Chairman of TUAD-FED. 
She is a founder member of the Peace and Democracy Party. In the June 2011 General election, running as an independent candidate, she was elected to the Turkish Parliament as MP for Diyarbakir with 10,24% of the vote.  She subsequently joined the BDP party in the Parliament.
In the November 2015 election she became a member of parliament for the HDP in the province Diyabakir.
- "Nursel AYDOĞAN". Turkish Parliament. 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Ocalan is not an ordinary prisoner". People from Kurdistan and Kurds around the world. 2003-01-17. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Turkey: Thousands of Kurds had begun to march in Amed-Diyarbakir". Kurd Net. 2006-03-28. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "2011 Turkish election results". Dimpool. 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "150 ans de prison pour trois députées kurdes dont Leyla Zana". Le Post. 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "BDP'li deputies Leyla Zana, was sued for Nursel Aydogan and Aysel Tuğluk". Haber Monitor. 2011-10-12. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Three Kurdish deputies to be tried". Hurriyet Daily News. 2011-10-12. Retrieved 2011-10-14.