Nuru is a Japanese erotic massage technique from Kawasaki City. The technique requires one or more nuru masseuses to rub their body against the client's body after both parties are nude and covered with an odorless and tasteless massage lotion. The word originates from the Japanese language and means "slippery / smooth." Nuru practitioners use an odorless and tasteless massage lotion which is derived from seaweed leaves, sometimes referred to as "nuru gel" in English. The gel is applied by hand to the entire body of both client and masseuse. During the massage, participants will try to get the widest possible physical contact, the masseuses often using their entire body on the person to be treated. Strong tactile sensations are triggered that are designed to relieve stress. The main component of the gel used during Nuru massages is the sulfated polysaccharide fucoidan, which is obtained from the leaves of the brown seaweed plant Sphaerotrichia divaricata. Chamomile, Azulene and other minerals are often added.
- "Nuru Masseuses". VIP OUTCALL MASSAGE LONDON. Retrieved 2017-08-08.
- Valentin Nussbaum (October 2012). Die Nuru Massage. Bod Third Party Titles. ISBN 978-1-938699-30-6.
- Nichi von Hodgson (2015-02-05). "Wie ich meine Bordell-Jungfräulichkeit verlor". Vice.com. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Kiteh Kawasaki (2016-09-06). "Authentic Nuru Massage". BunnyRanch Blog. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- VegasNews.com (2015-05-09). "Sheri’s Ranch Slides into Success with Now-Legal Nuru Massage Parlor". VegasNews. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- vegasnews.com (2014-10-28). "Sheri’s Ranch Opens First Legal Nuru Massage in the United States". VegasNews. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- D'Alimonte, Michael (2015-12-30). "7 Things You Never Knew About Being A Montreal Erotic Masseuse". mtlblog.com. Retrieved 2015-11-19.