Nurul Islam Babul
Best known for the Jamuna Group and Jamuna Future Park, Babul is also the owner of the Bangla daily Jugantor. He was arrested after submitting his wealth statement at the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) in 2007. In 2004, Babul was arrested by the Rapid Action Battalion and the Directorate General of Forces Intelligence in connection to a murder where he was allegedly the mastermind in plotting the shooting and killing of a worker. The arrest was closely monitored by the Home Minister and was conducted with permission from the Prime Minister’s Office. In 2011, it was reported in the Independent that Babul paid around US$3.6 million to Lutfozzaman Babar during the Caretaker government of Bangladesh.
- Business Magnate, Newspaper Editor Arrested in Dhaka, Sent to Jail ArabNews
- "サプリの達人ポムが厳選！プロポリス体験比較". www.probenewsmagazine.com (in Japanese). Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Jamuna's Babul, ward commissioner Alam arrested.(2007) The Daily Star
- Jamuna Group chief Babul arrested (2004) The Daily Star
- They want their money back
- "bdnews24.com". www.bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- "Trial of Jamuna's Babul starts in Hunter and Crown case". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Attempt to arrest Babul from Ershad's house